ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long stay visa for NON EU parents of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

intothewild85
Newly Registered
India

Long stay visa for NON EU parents of Irish citizen

Post by intothewild85 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm an Irish citizen and my parents live in India. They're obviously getting older & I would like to bring them over to Ireland. Has anyone recently applied for a long stay visa for parents and if so, could you please guide me through the process?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Long stay visa for NON EU parents of Irish citizen

Post by raja.brit » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:50 pm

intothewild85 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:49 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm an Irish citizen and my parents live in India. They're obviously getting older & I would like to bring them over to Ireland. Has anyone recently applied for a long stay visa for parents and if so, could you please guide me through the process?

Bringing non-eu parents in your scenario in not straight forward unfortunately.

Please review section for Elderly Dependent Relatives in the following link:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/immigr ... nification

An alternative route to bring your parents to Ireland eventually is to move to another EU country by exercising EU Treaty rights (Surinder Singh Case).

I hope it helps.

samhita.bhattacharya
Newly Registered

Re: Long stay visa for NON EU parents of Irish citizen

Post by samhita.bhattacharya » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:02 pm

Hello intothewild85

MY case is like same but its just for my MOM after my dad passed away she will not be able to stay alone .
I did couple of research you have to apply for stamp 0 not many people will apply as your salary threshold needs to be 60K for single parent and 75K for both ,this is in hand after tax and other deductions.
And u need to have VHL D plus insurance coverage .Generally stamp 0 is renewed every year as long as you as sponsor meet the criteria .
Also bare in mind u need to prove also they can not stay alone in India and no other relative to look after .

Regards
Samhita