ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

translationlibration
Newly Registered
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by translationlibration » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Ryhpez wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am
Applied for ILR route: Set M
Type of application: Standard
Date application submitted: 02/09/2020
Payment debited: 02/09/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 10/09/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 11/09/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: n/a
Decision letter received: 16/02/2021, 08:13am (approved)
BRP card received: Waiting

Finally got the approval, of course I’m so pleased but also disgusted by the HO, feeling being treated unfairly compare to the other categories even though we pay the same application fee, I so resented myself for being so stupid not to book an in person biometrics appointment instead of trusting HO by using their IDV app, my case is pretty straightforward tbf bought house 2 British born kids and both of us work, only thing is we are unmarried partners if that makes a difference, and yes because we aren’t married I’ve got to wait for another year to be able to apply citizenship, the whole process is stomach churning and stressful, HO should be more transparent on the progress of applications instead of letting applicants sitting in dark without knowing anything, hope anyone is waiting will get their decisions soon.
Yep, they're dreadful, bone idle and incompetent money-grabbers. It's now been 6 weeks and no BRP too and they don't respond to submission of the online form. Today is 27 weeks since the FLR(M) application was sent back in mid August. Hope you get yours soon...

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi All,

Just an update for all who are trying to book an appointment at UKVCAS service points. I am trying to book an appointment to submit my documents and biometrics for Naturalisation application and everytime i check for availability at my preferred centre (in my City) it shows no appointments available, even on newly released day. I found it a bit strange that in next 28 days they have no appointments so I called them and after waiting for 30 minutes, i got through. I was told that the appointments are shown based on number of applicants. In my case we are 3 applicants and they will show appointment for centres which are allowed to have group of 3 people. That is the reason I am not able to see any availability in Hull because that centre can only have 1 person every half an hour. So if you are applying as a family, book an appointment where ever the websites shows availability or wait until the covid guidance changes.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:30 pm

jayeshkaushik wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm
Hi All,

Just an update for all who are trying to book an appointment at UKVCAS service points. I am trying to book an appointment to submit my documents and biometrics for Naturalisation application and everytime i check for availability at my preferred centre (in my City) it shows no appointments available, even on newly released day. I found it a bit strange that in next 28 days they have no appointments so I called them and after waiting for 30 minutes, i got through. I was told that the appointments are shown based on number of applicants. In my case we are 3 applicants and they will show appointment for centres which are allowed to have group of 3 people. That is the reason I am not able to see any availability in Hull because that centre can only have 1 person every half an hour. So if you are applying as a family, book an appointment where ever the websites shows availability or wait until the covid guidance changes.

Thanks
You have posted in an ILR topic in the ILR sub forum.

Please keep citizenship UKCVAS queries in the topic below.

british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... l#p1992627
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 am

Feeling very positive after seeing a 13th October approval for SET LR which means it is definitely moving at a good speed. Fingers crossed I, and others like me, see quick approvals in the coming days.

Honestly, this thread provides me with a bit more calm and better sleep at night. Cannot wait to take control of my life - hopefully in the next 2 weeks!

cherylcas
South Africa

Post by cherylcas » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Hi all,

I have received a notification from Home Office saying that we need to have made and attended our appointment within 30 days to enrol our biometric data.

The only appointment available is in 30 days time.

What happens if our application is rejected as invalid?

Cheryl

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:17 pm

@cherylcas
That's strange. At the end of application submission you must've seen a page with the Biometrics submission deadline which is close to two months time.
What date does it show when you login to your application?
When did you submit your application?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

JT67ILRqns
Newly Registered

Post by JT67ILRqns » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:54 pm

Applied for ILR Route : SET (M) Spouse - 5 Years route
Date application sent : 09/09/2020
Approval/Refusal Received: 23/02/2021 - Approved

What a relief ! Thank you to everyone here (especially Ameline and Cullinan). To me it has seemed for a few months now, that at the moment at least, SET(M) applications are taking around 5.5 months to receive the decision. Good luck to all other SET(M)'s out there - I really hope that the backlog will begin to reduce over the coming months.

ladida
Zimbabwe

Post by ladida » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 am

I see 14th of October APPROVAL now in SET (LR). I am early November (6th). Hoping I can get decision by mid March.
Current BRP expires today so hoping all goes well.
swissman20 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 am
Feeling very positive after seeing a 13th October approval for SET LR which means it is definitely moving at a good speed. Fingers crossed I, and others like me, see quick approvals in the coming days.

Honestly, this thread provides me with a bit more calm and better sleep at night. Cannot wait to take control of my life - hopefully in the next 2 weeks!

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Could you please advise if ALL the Pages of the Passports (Current and previous) are scanned at the Biometric appointment centre for ILR?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:03 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:30 pm
Hi everyone,

Could you please advise if ALL the Pages of the Passports (Current and previous) are scanned at the Biometric appointment centre for ILR?

Many Thanks.
You have already been given advice about this in your own lengthy topic!!!

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-t2-gener ... l#p1993226
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daeijan
- thin ice -
Iran

Post by daeijan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:58 pm

is there any chance to get the 'same' or 'next' day appointment in any centres across the UK? I am submitting my set (o) application on Monday and I urgently need to book an appointment. I am willing to travel far in order to get same/next day appoitnemt.

Any advice will be very appreciated!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:06 pm

daeijan wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:58 pm
is there any chance to get the 'same' or 'next' day appointment in any centres across the UK? I am submitting my set (o) application on Monday and I urgently need to book an appointment. I am willing to travel far in order to get same/next day appoitnemt.

Any advice will be very appreciated!
You will need to check this after submitting your application. There is no way you can check appointment availability before submission
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

cherylcas
South Africa

Post by cherylcas » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:32 pm

The deadline is 45 days and I looked for appointments a few times in the last two weeks but there was never anything available. The only appointments that are available cost £200pp (there are 3 of us) and are 3 hours away from us.
I was hoping something else would become available.

tara0608
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by tara0608 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:07 am

I have just submitted my SET(M) application online and paid the fees. i have now been directed to the sopra steria website to book an appt for doc check and biometrics. how are some ppl getting the option to upload via IDV app? why am i not being shown that option?

also is it worth getting the document check service- should not that be inlcuded in the main appointmnet i will pay for anyway?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:14 am

tara0608 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:07 am
I have just submitted my SET(M) application online and paid the fees. i have now been directed to the sopra steria website to book an appt for doc check and biometrics. how are some ppl getting the option to upload via IDV app? why am i not being shown that option?

also is it worth getting the document check service- should not that be inlcuded in the main appointmnet i will pay for anyway?

thanks
There is no option for IDV anymore. It was discontinued in late September last, except for student visa applications. You must attend an appointment for biomterics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ibnadam

Post by ibnadam » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:47 am

Excited to share that we finally received the SET(M) decision.

We submitted application on 14/09/2020. Been an agonizing wait. The BRP was received 2 days after decision email.

Hope others receive a decision soon, seems to be picking up for September applicants.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:55 am

cherylcas wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:32 pm
The deadline is 45 days and I looked for appointments a few times in the last two weeks but there was never anything available. The only appointments that are available cost £200pp (there are 3 of us) and are 3 hours away from us.
I was hoping something else would become available.
Only Core centres may have free appointments(with 28 days lag)
You need to keep checking continuously for cancellations
Unfortunately thats how it works

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 pm

Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toski1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Toski1 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:43 pm

I received the letter from HO, 22//12/2020,and I’m still waiting for my brp card,I have sent few emails to HO,and I haven’t got any reply.any idea what to do .??thanks

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:55 pm

pshanbhag wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am
srsw wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:34 pm
Kumar555 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:51 am
BKind wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 am

Applied 27/10/20 - Still Waiting.

Had a very straightforward case: SET (O), T2 one employer, no dependents, same address the last five years.
@BKind, @pshanbhag

Thanks for your response, Lets hope for the best
Looks like @Kumar555 @pshanbhan too didn't get the results yet? I don't see them on the timeline thread. Correct me if wrong.
That is correct. I haven't received mine yet. 20/10/2020 submission
Hey, any news folks @pshanbhan & @BKind? Getting a bit restless now as everyone else (set o) seems to get approvals pretty soon. Can we drop an email to them and ask for an update or is it waste as they may say wait until it reaches 6 months SLA period?

Johnnydep
Mood:

Post by Johnnydep » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:56 pm

When do you think the super priority service will resume?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Johnnydep wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:56 pm
When do you think the super priority service will resume?
Super priority has resumed in February already for certain visas and ILR routes!

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

This topic is for biomtric querie and delays please. Super priority is a ukvi service, not a ukcvas biomteric service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Just got my LR approved. Massive thanks to CR001, Cullinan and all others for their kind advice and offering us some light in the darkness!

zeeshi1122

Post by zeeshi1122 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:19 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm
Just got my LR approved. Massive thanks to CR001, Cullinan and all others for their kind advice and offering us some light in the darkness!

Congratulations mate, just a quick one did you get an update from the MP before the decision?