ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working with EUSS Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Working with EUSS Family Permit

Post by avro1959 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Folks, I've tried searching the forum for previous posts about working with the EUSS Family Permit and/or proving my ability to work, but I'm not able to find much - it's possible that I'm using the wrong keywords in my search. If my question has already been addressed, please link me to the right page.

I am Canadian and I have applied for and received the EUSS family permit on the basis of my Irish spouse who received her pre-settled status in 2019 when she was in the UK.

We are in Canada right now and planning to move to Belfast in May as my wife will be studying at Queens. The company I work for has agreed to transfer me to the UK office - essentially they will be ending my contract in Canada and preparing a new offer from the UK office. They've asked me for my move date and my permission to work and I have shared that I have an EUSS Family Permit.

However I also read a while ago that some companies do not accept the EUSS Family Permit as proof of ability to work. I am concerned that the UK office of my company may not accept the EUSS Family Permit as proof. The only proof I see is this link where the first section states that the family permit allows work and study.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/stay-a ... it-expires

Has anyone had similar issues starting work with the EUSS Family permit? Any advice on how best to navigate this?

Thank you!

seekingadvice87

Re: Working with EUSS Family Permit

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:14 am

avro1959 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm
Folks, I've tried searching the forum for previous posts about working with the EUSS Family Permit and/or proving my ability to work, but I'm not able to find much - it's possible that I'm using the wrong keywords in my search. If my question has already been addressed, please link me to the right page.

I am Canadian and I have applied for and received the EUSS family permit on the basis of my Irish spouse who received her pre-settled status in 2019 when she was in the UK.

We are in Canada right now and planning to move to Belfast in May as my wife will be studying at Queens. The company I work for has agreed to transfer me to the UK office - essentially they will be ending my contract in Canada and preparing a new offer from the UK office. They've asked me for my move date and my permission to work and I have shared that I have an EUSS Family Permit.

However I also read a while ago that some companies do not accept the EUSS Family Permit as proof of ability to work. I am concerned that the UK office of my company may not accept the EUSS Family Permit as proof. The only proof I see is this link where the first section states that the family permit allows work and study.

Has anyone had similar issues starting work with the EUSS Family permit? Any advice on how best to navigate this?

Thank you!
Hi
Yes can work study live with euss family permit but only for 6 months max. When in Uk must change euss family permit to eu settlement scheme. Problem now is the scheme is closing soon 30/6/21 and if arrive in may, only have one month to apply to scheme. Part of application is biometric appointment and fully book at moment. Best to give yourself more time to apply to extend your permit to the 5 years card once in Uk. You company might concern about temporary euss family permit at that late stage when you arrive if not you are fine to work with euss family permit but remember must put in new application before deadline

Good luck

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 am

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:14 am
avro1959 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Thank you!
Hi
Yes can work study live with euss family permit but only for 6 months max. When in Uk must change euss family permit to eu settlement scheme. Problem now is the scheme is closing soon 30/6/21 and if arrive in may, only have one month to apply to scheme. Part of application is biometric appointment and fully book at moment. Best to give yourself more time to apply to extend your permit to the 5 years card once in Uk. You company might concern about temporary euss family permit at that late stage when you arrive if not you are fine to work with euss family permit but remember must put in new application before deadline

Good luck

Also is Irish spouse born in Northern Ireland? If so when in Uk apply under person of Northern Ireland for euss scheme 😊

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:27 am

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Hi

Good luck
Thank you for the reminder, indeed we're looking to move early May or end of April if possible. Hopefully that should give us enough time to get a biometrics appointment.

Regarding the ability to work, do you know how I can prove it to an employer?

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:20 pm

avro1959 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:27 am
seekingadvice87 wrote:
Hi

Good luck
Thank you for the reminder, indeed we're looking to move early May or end of April if possible. Hopefully that should give us enough time to get a biometrics appointment.

Regarding the ability to work, do you know how I can prove it to an employer?
Hi,

The temporary permit you have