ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I renew my spouse visa if my spouse is unemployed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Brownies28
Newly Registered

Can I renew my spouse visa if my spouse is unemployed?

Post by Brownies28 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 pm

My wife is currently out of work and my 2.5yr spouse visa is due for renewal. We have a 2yr old child together so I really do not want to get denied.

vinny

Re: Can I renew my spouse visa if my spouse is unemployed?

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:16 pm

If you don’t meet the financial requirements without your wife having a current employer nor minimum A2 English language requirements, etc., then they may you on the ten-year path.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Can I renew my spouse visa if my spouse is unemployed?

Post by physicskate » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Brownies28 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 pm
My wife is currently out of work and my 2.5yr spouse visa is due for renewal. We have a 2yr old child together so I really do not want to get denied.
Do you meet the financial requirement? If you meet the earnings or savings requirement, simply use that!