ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If someone kindly can help me understand that paragraph

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hanihani
Chile

A question regarding online application Please

Post by hanihani » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:13 am

Thanks in advance

I'm filling up the online application and I'm stuck with few things would appreciate if you could advise please on prove of residency and work

My background...granted settled stauts.. i have been employed since 2010 PAYE up to 2017 in varies jobs, then i started self employment late 2017. i assume home Office require 6 years residence so here's my questions

1) I don't have P60s but i have many pay slips from 2010 up to 2017 , also bank statements , what do i need to provide? Will they let me upload all that much of documents? Weekly and monthly pay slips

2) from 2017 self employment up to date, what exactly do i need to provide? My accountant does my tax return then he emails it to me each year, is that what i need to provide?the tax return he emails me once he sent to HMRC?

3) since March my business has been affected by covid and went on universal credit for first time ever, what do i need to provide for these period please and will it affect my application?

Many thanks
Hani

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: A question regarding online application Please

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:28 am

Have you actually gone through the AN guidance? It seems like you are not aware about the laws properly. Note, you are not making an immigration application. AN falls under the Nationality laws and you have to fulfil the requirements accordingly. I am assuming you are not married to a British Citizen?

You will need to prove 5 years residence including the absence limits. Your passport stamps are enough to prove that. Also, you have to be physically present in UK at the start of the 5 year period.

Employment/unemployed is meaningless for AN. You could be unemployed for last 10 years does not matter. All what HO checks is that you have not illegally worked and your tax records are up to date. You have to mention last 10 years history (if any) in the form.

If you are currently self-employed, all you need to provide is the latest self-assessment tax return. Nothing else.

Please go through the guidance:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf

Also you have to meet Good Character:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:48 am

Thank you

Before i submit my online application i have few questions I'm not sure of, would appreciate your response Please

1) i have 2 British referees one is not professional he gave me all his details and second is accountant he is a bit reluctant in giving me his passport number and said it's expired . I don't wanna pressure him he said it's fine H.O won't bother because my other referee is British and i provided his passport No, but when i enter that he is British in online form they ask for passport number, could you please advise me? Shall i find another referee or one referee with no passport isn't an issue, and if so , when they ask me if the hold British passport what do i choose then?

2) they ask for any driving offences and give examples ( like if you have been disqualified )
2 years ago i had speeding fine and because the speed was only 3 miles above the limit i was sent to a speed course, resulted in no points, is that what they need me to declare? Or

3) are you currently employed? I put yes... but thing is.. I'm self employed working as Cab driver for a local company earn as you work,been working for them for 4 years. But due to corona they have temporarily suspend work since april and i have only done couple of jobs and I'm on universal credit.. so I'm i currently working? Or not, and what evidence do i have to submit for 2020 as proof of residence

Thank you, sorry for making it long, hope the answer is simple

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:11 am

hanihani wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:48 am
Thank you

Before i submit my online application i have few questions I'm not sure of, would appreciate your response Please

1) i have 2 British referees one is not professional he gave me all his details and second is accountant he is a bit reluctant in giving me his passport number and said it's expired . I don't wanna pressure him he said it's fine H.O won't bother because my other referee is British and i provided his passport No, but when i enter that he is British in online form they ask for passport number, could you please advise me? Shall i find another referee or one referee with no passport isn't an issue, and if so , when they ask me if the hold British passport what do i choose then?
I would suggest you find referees who know you very well and are happy to act as your referee. HO can rarely contact the referees also. Referee should happily provide you details if he/she has a BP as you have to declare it truthfully. So better find someone else

2) they ask for any driving offences and give examples ( like if you have been disqualified )
2 years ago i had speeding fine and because the speed was only 3 miles above the limit i was sent to a speed course, resulted in no points, is that what they need me to declare? Or
No need

3) are you currently employed? I put yes... but thing is.. I'm self employed working as Cab driver for a local company earn as you work,been working for them for 4 years. But due to corona they have temporarily suspend work since april and i have only done couple of jobs and I'm on universal credit.. so I'm i currently working? Or not, and what evidence do i have to submit for 2020 as proof of residence
As I previously stated also, your employment is irrelevant. You should select “self-employed” and provide your latest self-assessment tax return. Less work/no work/no income/less income is irrelevant. All your tax matters should be up to date though

Thank you, sorry for making it long, hope the answer is simple
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:22 am

Thank you very much

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:29 am

Hello

Sorry needed to check this
You quoted

( you will need to prove 5 years residence including the absence limits. Your passport stamps are enough to prove that. Also, you have to be physically present in UK at the start of the 5 year period.

Employment/unemployed is meaningless for AN. You could be unemployed for last 10 years does not matter. All what HO checks is that you have not illegally worked and your tax records are up to date. You have to mention last 10 years history (if any) in the form.)

Just want to be clear, i have settled stauts as i mentioned and HO has made it clear that this isn't a proof of lawful residence and any one with S.S applying for BC will need to prove they were qualifying residents for 5 years period..
Maybe you didn't know about this or could be me totally ignorant
That's why i asked what would be proof of lawful residence? HO told me in documents required that bank statements or bills aren't proof
They need either letter from employer or letters from government... very confusing as they mentioned the word letters instead of payslips or P60s/45s

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:32 am

Does your passport have entry exit stamps when you went out/in of UK?

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:37 am

No, they stopped stamping my passport since 2013 as i was family member of eu citizen

Here's screenshot
I don't understand what do letter from employer mean
If i already have the p60s and p45
Attachments
20201215_013236.jpg
20201215_013236.jpg (633.84 KiB) Viewed 1526 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:38 am

Okay that bit was not clear then. Just submit P60s for qualifying period. Nothing else needed.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:40 am

Thank you, so the letter from employer meant inc, p60 and p45?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 am

hanihani wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:40 am
Thank you, so the letter from employer meant inc, p60 and p45?
Either or. If you do not have P60s, you can request an employer letter.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 am

Thank You very much for your help

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:30 am

hanihani wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:29 am
Hello

Sorry needed to check this
You quoted

( you will need to prove 5 years residence including the absence limits. Your passport stamps are enough to prove that. Also, you have to be physically present in UK at the start of the 5 year period.

Employment/unemployed is meaningless for AN. You could be unemployed for last 10 years does not matter. All what HO checks is that you have not illegally worked and your tax records are up to date. You have to mention last 10 years history (if any) in the form.)

Just want to be clear, i have settled stauts as i mentioned and HO has made it clear that this isn't a proof of lawful residence and any one with S.S applying for BC will need to prove they were qualifying residents for 5 years period..

Maybe you didn't know about this or could be me totally ignorant
That's why i asked what would be proof of lawful residence? HO told me in documents required that bank statements or bills aren't proof
They need either letter from employer or letters from government... very confusing as they mentioned the word letters instead of payslips or P60s/45s
This is the same question I have and created a post with no answers. Post Here

I understand from the guidance that having Settled Status (ILR) does not confirm that you were here lawfully under the EEA Regulations during that time, as defined by the British Nationality Act 1981 as this is not a requirement of the EU Settlement Scheme. Caseworkers may therefore need to request further information from the applicant to demonstrate this.

I am not sure what evidence is required for the Non-EU family member.....

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello,

If you have a look at the screenshot i attached above. You will see at the bottom the documents required, this is my application i just didn't submit yet..

However my confusion here is them saying letters from employer.. They don't accept bank statements or bills

But thankfully i was explained to that letter from employer means P60/45 Or a letter confirming work period
I hope this helps

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:21 pm

I also read your post. You don't need your partner's at all. It's all about you , but you need 5 years or proof of lawful residence, work, self sufficient or study

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:04 am

Hello thanks
My last question before making payment if you can advise me please

My friend is a manager at royal mail

Is that considered ( post office official) ? For referee?

As I'm not sure What post office official exactly mean
Many thanks

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:21 pm

Would appreciate an answer Please

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Is a manager at royal Mail considered to be a post office official for my professional referee please?

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Why dont you google it??
The "Post Office Official" in question is a federal employee who is in charge of passports. You can find them at any of the major Post Offices (the government ones, not "postal express", etc.)
However, you can use your referee working for RM. If HO is not happy with it, they will write to you to arrange someone else.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:25 pm

I have googled it i can not find the answer

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:41 am

Thanks for your help
I have submitted my application online and booked my appointment

If you could Please help me with these 2 questions

I'm asked to upload my self assessment tax return, i only have the tax return that says ( don't send to HMRC) copy only.. because i submit online Everything i have is online print don't get papers. Will home office accept this or what kind of self
assessment return I'm required to send? I also have statement of the account showing my payments to HMRC

2.. I'm required to prove i have been both lawful and resident prior to my settled stauts

Are (Only) p60s for 2015/16/17 and PAYE also letter from HMRC confirming employment history for those 3 years

& self assessment tax return and statement of the account for 17_18 / 18-19
Enough or i need more proof? I don't have stamps on passport

Many thanks

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:37 pm

I have submitted my application online and booked my appointment

If you could Please help me with these 2 questions

I'm asked to upload my self assessment tax return, i only have the tax return that says ( don't send to HMRC) copy only.. because i submit online Everything i have is online print don't get papers. Will home office accept this or what kind of self
assessment return I'm required to send? I also have statement of the account showing my payments to HMRC

2.. I'm required to prove i have been both lawful and resident prior to my settled stauts

Are (Only) p60s for 2015/16/17 and PAYE also letter from HMRC confirming employment history for those 3 years

& self assessment tax return and statement of the account for 17_18 / 18-19
Enough or i need more proof? I don't have stamps on passport

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:56 pm

1) Online latest self assessment tax return is fine if you are registered as self-employed.

2) P60s covering your qualifying period are enough to prove residence.

hanihani
Chile

If someone kindly can help me understand that paragraph

Post by hanihani » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:21 am

Hello,

I'm really confused and expecting to be contacted by HO to ask more evidence i submitted my application and biometric few weeks ago .
it stats in the table attached so i would like to be proactive because I'll need to rely on my ex spouse to help me and she doesn't live in UK anymore

I'm non eu family member was granted SS in Feb 2019 with my then partner. Divorced in Sept 2020

Here's is my issue

As lawful residence requirement I need to demonstrate that my partner was complying with g
eu rules for 5 years prior to settled stauts grant in feb 2019
so really from feb 2014 that when it start the issue is from feb 2014 to feb 2015 my ex partner worked as self employed and because her income was low she didn't pay national insurance contribution which Homeoffice might question . From feb 2015 to feb 2020 she was in PAYE employment exactly 5 years and she would have been qualifying for PR so would have i

So i would like to relay on these period from feb 2015 to feb 2020 to confirm her PR qualifying instead of feb 2014 to feb 2019 prior to SS grant to avoid any doubts regarding the self employment

My question is can I do that? Relying on my SS as a proof of free from immigration restriction but give evidence to my ex partner qualifying 5 years permanent residence because we were still married even it comes after the SS grant?
Because i don't understand if this table confirms that i could do that or not

Much appreciated and sorry for making it long
Attachments
20210228_061229.jpg
20210228_061229.jpg (470.56 KiB) Viewed 909 times

hanihani
Chile

Re: If someone kindly can help me understand that paragraph

Post by hanihani » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:42 pm

Can someone help me wigh that plesse? :)