ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed, travelling to UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Help needed, travelling to UK

Post by Sunflower35 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:30 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help me with this, I am a British citizen living and working in Ireland from last numbers of years , my wife (non EU national) had her permanent residence card application (EU3) approved last year and she received her IRP (stamp4EUFam ) which I successfully exchanged to the new ‘withdrawal beneficiary‘ stamp .

I know that before brexit she was able to travel to the UK or other European countries without visa as long as we are travelling together and we are carrying certain documents but as you all know that’s not the the case anymore.

My question, In couple of months time , I will be travelling to Northern Ireland to see a consultant and I want to take my wife with me , as far as I know she will need UK visa but I don’t know what type of visa should I apply for her ? I been searching UK home office website but I didn’t see any specific visa that she can apply .
I appreciate your help guys . Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Help needed, travelling to UK

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:39 am

What is her purpose of visit? How long does she intend to stay in the UK for that visit?

In general, all short visits (no work permitted) are on the Standard Visit Visa.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 am

Thanks littlerr

It will be just a day trip, what do you think of ‘EU family permit’ or ‘surrender sing ‘ what are these and will this not apply to her ? Thanks again

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am

Surinder Singh is a type of EEA Family Permit and will end on 30 June. The EEA Family Permit and its successor EU Settlement Scheme are for those who wish to live in the UK to work.

Technically she is qualified for these types of permit because of your nationality. However, for Surinder Singh, you will need to have proof that you have already moved back to the UK, and for EUSS, you will need to show proof that you intend to move back to the UK. If your visit to the UK is temporary, it may not be the best choice.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:27 am

I am not moving back to UK , it will just be a day trip so I go with the ‘ standard visit visa ‘ .
Thanks for your help

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:48 pm

it'll be an expensive day trip :) 120 euro for a day trip and in 99% cases there's no border control. I know a lot of people would chance it but having a visa is the right way to go. My passport had tons of UK visit visas, almost half of them were day trips to NI...

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:08 pm

If only Belfast then just go...no border check or whatever... straight forward and clear... I travel to Belfast many many times before and after Brexit.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 am

Thanks @Bippin

Yeah it’s just Belfast and I do know that usually there are no checks and I have to pay €114 for visitor visa , which is a lot just to go there for few hours but I just wanted to be safe then sorry so I am going to be applying for my wife’s visa , I was wondering if once I get the visa it should be for 6 months so if we have to go again during this period,will the same visa be valid? Does anyone know ? Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:29 am

It’s absolutely the sensible and right thing to do to get a visa. With COVID and Brexit there are tons of checkpoints on both sides of the border.

A standard visitor visa is valid for 6 months yes. You can travel to the UK unlimited times in this period.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm

Thank you @ littlerr