ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel on Certificate of Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BlueCat86
Newly Registered

Can I travel on Certificate of Naturalisation

Post by BlueCat86 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi

I'm just very confused on if I can travel from Pakistan to England if I have a certificate of Naturalisation and a Pakistani Passport only.

I have been told if I apply for British Passport from Pakistan it can take upto six months for passport office to issue a British passport, however within UK the timeline are 3 weeks.

I'm unable to find any information if I can travel back to England on my current Pakistani passport without any BRP as dont have any ILR card since I had my Certificate of Naturalisation.

Would appreciate if anyone had similar experience or any guidance for help. My return flight is through British Airways but I'm unable obtain any information from from UKBA if I can get the entry..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I travel on Certificate of Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:45 pm

A certificate of naturalisation is not a travel document.

Highly unlikely an airline will accept that as proof to board a plane, as it is not a visa or a British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BlueCat86
Newly Registered

Post by BlueCat86 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 pm

What about if I get the boarding that I can confirm from British Airways, will the immigration officer at the airport will allow the entry based on Naturalisation certificate and passport office?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 pm

Hello

If you are at Heathrow with a naturalisation certificate, immigration officers won't refuse you entry. You may spend time at the border as they make their checks but they will let you in.

However, no company would allow you to board with that document. Even if they issue a boarding card online on self-check in basis, once at the airport they won't let you board.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:48 pm

If you can get to the UK border, then you will be allowed in, likely after a long delay as checks are carried out.

The difficulty will be getting onto the aircraft, as generally neither the airport staff nor the airline staff will accept a naturalisation certificate as a valid travel document. Airlines have strict global guidelines on what are considered permissible documentation and a naturalisation certificate is not one of them.

Is there any reason you can't wait for a British passport? Have you surrendered your ILR BRP?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.