ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bazo
Newly Registered
Germany

Good character

Post by Bazo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:47 am

Hi guys, hope your well.
I have some questions if someone may help me.

1. In early 2014 received a speed catch, i went to a speeding awareness course and didn’t received any points on my driving licence.

2. 2017 have received fine for late filing tax return, already paid.

3. February 2018 got a simple caution for criminal damage. Didn’t receive any fine or court order, just was under arrest for 24 hours.

5. February 2019 I have received Settled statement

I’m planning to apply for British citizen, however I don’t know if my case looks too bad for the good character and likely will be refused?

Also this is Repeat Offender ?

Thank you very much!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Good character

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:22 am

Hello

The "Good Character" is not clearly defined and kept vague so it allows them great deal of discretion.

1 and 2 are fine. I have seen successful applications with a fine for late filling. As long as it's simply a late filling for which you got a fine, it's ok. 1 case of driving offense, is ok too.

I am more worried about the caution and the criminal damage.

But the only way to know, is to apply and see.

Bazo
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Bazo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi.
Thank you for reply.

In 2018 I received only Police Caution for criminal damage not Caution and Criminal damage.

Even its passed 3 years already will still effect my application?

Have you seen anyone had Police caution + Driving offence was successful?

Bazo
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Bazo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:53 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:22 am
Hello

The "Good Character" is not clearly defined and kept vague so it allows them great deal of discretion.

1 and 2 are fine. I have seen successful applications with a fine for late filling. As long as it's simply a late filling for which you got a fine, it's ok. 1 case of driving offense, is ok too.

I am more worried about the caution and the criminal damage.

But the only way to know, is to apply and see.
Hi.
Thank you for reply.

In 2018 I received only Police Caution for criminal damage not Caution and Criminal damage.

Even its passed 3 years already will still effect my application?

Have you seen anyone had Police caution + Driving offence was successful?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:42 pm

The problem is the mix and match. I have seen people getting the citizenship and having one of these in the distant past.

Taken in isolation, these are not a big issue. But taken together, they could be held against you.

It's hard to predict the outcome. Give it a try without overthinking and see what happens.

Bazo
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Bazo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:31 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:42 pm
The problem is the mix and match. I have seen people getting the citizenship and having one of these in the distant past.

Taken in isolation, these are not a big issue. But taken together, they could be held against you.

It's hard to predict the outcome. Give it a try without overthinking and see what happens.
Thank you