ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland with Non-EEA spouse for a UK national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

numero1111
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland with Non-EEA spouse for a UK national

Post by numero1111 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi there,

I have a UK passport and want to move to Dublin with my wife who is an Indian citizen and was living in France prior to our marriage. She is now back in India.

Can she apply for a tourist visa and then switch to a spouse visa whilst living in Ireland ? The waiting times right now are 6 months-1 year for a spouse visa which wasn't the case prior the Brexit transition period (31st Dec 2020) :shock:

Also, do I need to have a job or a minimum threshold of income before she can move ? I am unsure what should be the first step I should be taking here.

Would be really grateful if someone can shed some light on this. Cheers! :arrow:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Moving to Ireland with Non-EEA spouse for a UK national

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:18 pm

No. Tourist visas will not be allowed to be transferred to residence permissions. In addition, no tourist visas will be processed for the foreseeable future.

Malawimalawi
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Moving to Ireland with Non-EEA spouse for a UK national

Post by Malawimalawi » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:32 pm

I reside outside IRL and outside the EU with my non-EEA spouse.
Despite the level 5 pandemic restrictions, I have during the level 5 pandemic restrictions been able to obtain a Type C multiple entry visit visa for her. Just thought I’d mention that in case you think you cannot even get her a visit visa...