ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Bank Statement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Citizenship Bank Statement

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Copies of bank statements for all of your bank accounts for at least 3 of the previous 6
months

One of my friend's bank account statements has no transactions for 3 of the previous 6 months since the account was opened? what can she do?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship Bank Statement

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:45 pm

How is that possible? Doesn't she have any income, need to pay utility bills, accommodations, do grocery shoppings? Are you saying that for at least 3 months in a row, she didn't spend or receive any money at all, especially during the whole period of Christmas? Honestly I don't think the INIS is going to be convinced by that.

My fiancee has been living in the house since the pandemic started. I do all the grocery shopping, pay utility bills etc, but she would still have monthly salary going into her account, and she would still do occasional online shopping. Maybe not as many transactions as she previously had, but it would be very hard to believe that a person has zero transactions for 3 months.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:16 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:45 pm
How is that possible? Doesn't she have any income, need to pay utility bills, accommodations, do grocery shoppings? Are you saying that for at least 3 months in a row, she didn't spend or receive any money at all, especially during the whole period of Christmas? Honestly I don't think the INIS is going to be convinced by that.

My fiancee has been living in the house since the pandemic started. I do all the grocery shopping, pay utility bills etc, but she would still have monthly salary going into her account, and she would still do occasional online shopping. Maybe not as many transactions as she previously had, but it would be very hard to believe that a person has zero transactions for 3 months.
Thanks littlerr, I didn't not say zero transaction. She has other bank accounts with transactions which met the requirements. But this particular account was opened last year and doesn't have much transactions. And since all bank accounts of applicants must be submitted, she has no choice but to submit this particular account statement with transactions that is not up to 3 months. I hope you understan now? What do you think?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

I got you now.

What bank is it? As far as I understand, all major banks should be able to issue a bank statement with no transactions. Depending on the bank and the type of account, she should be able to request for a bank statement from the previous statement issue date to the current date, either through online banking or by calling customer services.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:05 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm
I got you now.

What bank is it? As far as I understand, all major banks should be able to issue a bank statement with no transactions. Depending on the bank and the type of account, she should be able to request for a bank statement from the previous statement issue date to the current date, either through online banking or by calling customer services.

Thanks littlerr, it's a post office current account. The bank statement has been issued but when she called them they said they cannot issue a statement for the period she has no transaction coupled with the fact that there was no transaction for the period she requested statement of which is 3 of the last 6 months. I am thinking a letter explaining to the citizenship will be fine?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 am

She should still be able to request for a statement for the last 6 months. Even though there’s no transaction on it, the statement would still have a few lines such as the opening balance, fees for each period, and the closing balance. This is her rights and any financial institution is obliged by law to be able to provide her with that.

If she really can’t get that, I guess she could ask An Post to write her a statement indicating her balance and the fact that she didn’t have any transaction in this period, but it sounds very bizarre.

Euvellah1215
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Euvellah1215 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi,

Do we need to send credit card statements also?

Thanks.