ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside the common travel area while awaiting EUSS decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnTa
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Travel outside the common travel area while awaiting EUSS decision

Post by AnTa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I am a non-EU citizen who's currently in the UK on a tier 4 visa that is going to expire on the 30/03/2021. I entered in a civil-partnership with my SO on 14/12/2020, and have applied under the EU settlment scheme for pre-setteled status (my SO already has pre-settled status). I got my biometrics done on the 14/01/2021, and received the CoA on the 21/01/2021. I have a couple of questions,

1- The decision seems to understandably be taking too long, will I be concidered an overstayer after the 30/03/2021 ?

2- I will need to travel outside the common travel area during this month for very urgent fiancial and professional reasons. What would happen when I do ? Will my application to the EUSS be withdrawn ?

Thank you for any input!

kamoe

Re: Travel outside the common travel area while awaiting EUSS decision

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 am

AnTa wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:22 pm
1- The decision seems to understandably be taking too long, will I be concidered an overstayer after the 30/03/2021 ?
No, but this is only because you are the civil partner of your SO. Were you unmarried partners, it would be a different story. See this post.
2- I will need to travel outside the common travel area during this month for very urgent fiancial and professional reasons. What would happen when I do ? Will my application to the EUSS be withdrawn ?
It will not. It is a common misconception because other type of visas do get withdrawn, but it is not true for the EUSS. You can travel with no impact on your application. See page 43 of the EU Settlement Scheme Caseworker guidance.
Travel outside the Common Travel Area
An application made under Appendix EU will not be treated as automatically withdrawn if the applicant travels outside the Common Travel Area before the application has been decided.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

AnTa
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by AnTa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond !
So I can wait for the decision from outside of the CTA and once/if the pre-setteled status is granted the BRP will be shipped to my SO's adress (I will leave him with an authorisation letter ?) he will then receive it on my behalf and bring it to me (outside the CTA) so that I can use it to enter the UK. Does that make sense to you ? Is this possible ?
Thanks again!

AnTa
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by AnTa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:10 pm

kamoe wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 am
AnTa wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:22 pm
No, but this is only because you are the civil partner of your SO. Were you unmarried partners, it would be a different story. See this post.
It will not. It is a common misconception because other type of visas do get withdrawn, but it is not true for the EUSS. You can travel with no impact on your application. See page 43 of the EU Settlement Scheme Caseworker guidance.
Travel outside the Common Travel Area
An application made under Appendix EU will not be treated as automatically withdrawn if the applicant travels outside the Common Travel Area before the application has been decided.
Thank you for taking the time to respond !
So I can wait for the decision from outside of the CTA and once/if the pre-setteled status is granted the BRP will be shipped to my SO's adress (I will leave him with an authorisation letter ?) he will then receive it on my behalf and bring it to me (outside the CTA) so that I can use it to enter the UK. Does that make sense to you ? Is this possible ?
Thanks again!