ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bazaar

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Bazaar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:54 am

goodcitizen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:23 am
I got my nationality approval email on 30th November 2020 but hadn't received any correspondence from the Home Office since then. I then actually emailed the nationality casework decision service, the address of which was in the email I received with the decision. In my case this was CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. Please note that this will be different depending from case to case. I got a reply within 2 hours with the pdf of my invitation letter, the date printed on the letter is 10th February and I haven't received it yet. It was also stated on the email that I should wait till 17th March for the letter. Hope this info helps
you still have to wait for the physical letter on the post? why not the pdf they sent you?

goodcitizen
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by goodcitizen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm

Bazaar wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:54 am
goodcitizen wrote:
I got my nationality approval email on 30th November 2020 but hadn't received any correspondence from the Home Office since then. I then actually emailed the nationality casework decision service, the address of which was in the email I received with the decision. In my case this was CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. Please note that this will be different depending from case to case. I got a reply within 2 hours with the pdf of my invitation letter, the date printed on the letter is 10th February and I haven't received it yet. It was also stated on the email that I should wait till 17th March for the letter. Hope this info helps
you still have to wait for the physical letter on the post? why not the pdf they sent you?
I'm not sure because my council hasn't received my certificate either. I had mentioned this in the email, now even if i assume the pdf is enough, they still want me to wait for the certificate to come in to the council

Bazaar

Post by Bazaar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 pm

goodcitizen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm
Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:
I'm not sure because my council hasn't received my certificate either. I had mentioned this in the email, now even if i assume the pdf is enough, they still want me to wait for the certificate to come in to the council
it's all so confusing.. all councils seem to do this differently , some they want the letter. some don't and the HO doesn't help either.
The email that came with my decision letter attached doesn't even have an email to reply to, it says do not reply to that email because it won't be monitored . It's not a CTcasework email either. So I don't have the option to email anyone if I wanted to ask the whereabouts of my invitation letter

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Still waiting on my invitation letter since 23-10-2020

17 weeks so far and nothing so far
LaDolceVita

Teedee
Newly Registered

Post by Teedee » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Bazaar wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 pm
goodcitizen wrote:
Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:
it's all so confusing.. all councils seem to do this differently , some they want the letter. some don't and the HO doesn't help either.
The email that came with my decision letter attached doesn't even have an email to reply to, it says do not reply to that email because it won't be monitored . It's not a CTcasework email either. So I don't have the option to email anyone if I wanted to ask the whereabouts of my invitation letter
Something worth trying: Your approval letter should have details of the department that worked on your application. This should be at the end of the letter, the signature basically. Mine is CT4.

Can you replace this email (CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) with the department info? For instance, if I wanted to contact them for mine, I would use CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Hope it makes sense

goodcitizen
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by goodcitizen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:
Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:
The email that you received with your decision letter should have content like this:

Dear xxxxxxxx

This message is to confirm that your application to naturalise as a British Citizen has now been decided. Please find attached information regarding this decision.

This email is intended for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and if received in error should be deleted immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us via CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Please DO NOT respond to this e-mail as this inbox will not be monitored.

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teedee
Newly Registered

Post by Teedee » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 pm

goodcitizen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 pm
Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:
Bazaar wrote:

The email that you received with your decision letter should have content like this:

Dear xxxxxxxx

This message is to confirm that your application to naturalise as a British Citizen has now been decided. Please find attached information regarding this decision.

This email is intended for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and if received in error should be deleted immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us via CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mine didn't have the above though. It was pretty much a blank email with the attachment. The only content was:

"This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses."

goodcitizen
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by goodcitizen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:36 pm

Teedee wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 pm
goodcitizen wrote:
Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:

Dear xxxxxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mine didn't have the above though. It was pretty much a blank email with the attachment. The only content was:

"This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses."
Right, try sending an email to CT3 or CT4, maybe they direct to the right department :)

Hello5
Newly Registered

Post by Hello5 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Contd wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:28 pm
Eligibility criteria: 2 DLR + 1 year ILR
Language/LIUK Criteria: LIUK and Trinity B1
Nationality: Ghana
Method of application: ONLINE
Date of application :30/09/2020
Payment method: Visa Debit
Date of acknowledgement: 30/09/2020
Date of debit of fees: 30/09/2020
Date of biometric letter received/issued: N/A
Date Biometrics enrolled: 14/10/2020
Date on Approval letter: 1/12/2020
Date of receipt of approval: 1/12/2020
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 19/02/2021
Date of Ceremony:pending.... Send email to My council Northamptonshire and they asked me to call back on Monday
Please keep us updated as Northampton council went silent to my emails, they only responded once saying ceremonies are suspended and they are "looking at" virtual ceremonies

Bazaar

Post by Bazaar » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:31 am

goodcitizen wrote:
Bazaar wrote:
goodcitizen wrote:
Bazaar wrote:

Dear xxxxxxxx

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on mine it's different, it says to notifying them if I received the email on error via CT1EnquiriesTeamInbox@homeoffice.gov.uk. it's not a case worker email either , so I guess they wouldn't' reply to any query on that email

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:46 pm

DEAR ALL RESPECTED MEMBERS.

I have an inquiry if anyone has any idea please.

I have got my naturalisation approval on 23-10-2020. However after that I had a driving offence and went to court got 5 points and £53 fine to pay.

I’ve informed the home office about the offence and they’ve put my invitation letter and certificate on hold as they were waiting for the outcome of the offence.

Furthermore I have received an email yesterday with a new approval dated 02-03-2020. I’m glad and happy they’ve applied discretion as I’ve never had any criminal convictions before.

My question do I have to wait again for 12 weeks or they will send the invitation letter and certificate sooner.

Kind regards
Attachments
0628B8CB-3098-404C-9734-ED114401757B.jpeg
0628B8CB-3098-404C-9734-ED114401757B.jpeg (707.86 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
LaDolceVita

cinar2012
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by cinar2012 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:27 am

Hi everyone,
My approval date is 11 December but still there is no news has anyone had their ceremony invitation? :(

mixme
Newly Registered

Post by mixme » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:23 am

Can't speak for other councils, but Harrow Council is now accepting virtual ceremonies. Called then and got one booked within 48 hours. - now whether or not it holds is another thing entirely😁
Home Office letter received October 2020

Contd
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Contd » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello5 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm
Contd wrote:
Date of Ceremony:pending.... Send email to My council Northamptonshire and they asked me to call back on Monday
Please keep us updated as Northampton council went silent to my emails, they only responded once saying ceremonies are suspended and they are "looking at" virtual ceremonies
They have given me appointment on virtual ceremony for 20/03/2021

Contd
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Contd » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:15 pm

naruto wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:46 pm

I have got my naturalisation approval on 23-10-2020. However after that I had a driving offence and went to court got 5 points and £53 fine to pay.

I’ve informed the home office about the offence and they’ve put my invitation letter and certificate on hold as they were waiting for the outcome of the offence.

Furthermore I have received an email yesterday with a new approval dated 02-03-2020. I’m glad and happy they’ve applied discretion as I’ve never had any criminal convictions before.

My question do I have to wait again for 12 weeks or they will send the invitation letter and certificate sooner.

Kind regards
HO doesn’t work to any trends the only thing is to assume they will send it in 12 weeks but remember anything is possible

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 pm

Contd wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:15 pm
naruto wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:46 pm

Kind regards
HO doesn’t work to any trends the only thing is to assume they will send it in 12 weeks but remember anything is possible
Thank you 🙏🏼....Indeed the HO Doesn’t trend like that it’s always a waiting game with them. Fingers crossed that I get the invitation sooner
LaDolceVita

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Does anyone have an idea of the waiting times for Cambridge? My application was approved last week and I don't know how long I'll be waiting for the invitation...

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 pm

All done
Cambridge county council
Approval 15th October 2020
Ceremony invitation 21st February 2021
Attended ceremony 4th march.

All the best you losers 😂 jk

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:50 pm

DreamerInDarkness wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:55 pm
Does anyone have an idea of the waiting times for Cambridge? My application was approved last week and I don't know how long I'll be waiting for the invitation...
5 months after approval.

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for BC on the first week of August 2020, Iand I have received the email dissension on 29 sep 2020.

The email explains that the letter of the invitation of the ceremony could take up to 12 weeks., but now it's more than 30 weeks and no letters received.

I emailed the nationality enquiries and an automatic reply saying the ceremony letters all processed up to 15 November 2020.

I have tried to call the home office but no one has reply,

I have also contacted the local council and the reply was we haven't received any letters with your info.

My MP never reply to my email or answer the calls

Any advice to my case?

Thanks

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:12 am

memoa wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 pm
Hi all,

I have applied for BC on the first week of August 2020, Iand I have received the email dissension on 29 sep 2020.

The email explains that the letter of the invitation of the ceremony could take up to 12 weeks., but now it's more than 30 weeks and no letters received.

I emailed the nationality enquiries and an automatic reply saying the ceremony letters all processed up to 15 November 2020.

I have tried to call the home office but no one has reply,

I have also contacted the local council and the reply was we haven't received any letters with your info.

My MP never reply to my email or answer the calls

Any advice to my case?

Thanks
May they didn’t print your certificate due to the error . Make sure keep pushing them . Everyday you wake up make sure you send them email .may be one of them should respond to you . furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

N S
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N S » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:26 am

cinar2012 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:27 am
Hi everyone,
My approval date is 11 December but still there is no news has anyone had their ceremony invitation? :(

Seems we both got approved on the same week. looks like Approvals from the first weeks of December seem to be getting theirs yours is on it's way won't be long Insha Allah plz update when you receive yours thanks

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am

PhantomPermit wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 pm
All done
Cambridge county council
Approval 15th October 2020
Ceremony invitation 21st February 2021
Attended ceremony 4th march.

All the best you losers 😂 jk
God that's depressing...

Hello5
Newly Registered

Post by Hello5 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:03 am

Contd wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:13 pm
Hello5 wrote:
Contd wrote:
That's great, I will ring them tomorrow to chase my appointment :D

Mohy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mohy » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am

Contd wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:13 pm
Hello5 wrote:
Contd wrote:
Please can you advise the email address that you have received from the appointment confirmed. Thanks