ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shipping my own books after 26 years?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BatterseaPark
Newly Registered

shipping my own books after 26 years?

Post by BatterseaPark » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Hello everyone
Sorry, this is not a question about being newly arrived in the UK as I have lived here for 26 years. I'm finally getting around to having my books shipped to me from Canada. It seems that there is a bureaucratic black hole around doing this; all the paperwork available from HMRC is for new arrivals (shipping within 1 year of arrival in the UK). I have been in chat with HMRC online support and they have nothing - they direct me to the paperwork for shipping goods from Canada that have been bought or gifted, not shipping my own things. I wondered if anyone else has navigated this problem, and can advise me?
thanks.