ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa extension

Post by 1ehsan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi guys,

First time poster and need some advise.

My wife arrived in the UK from Pakistan on a fiance visa instead of a spouse visa, the lawyer I have said that the nikah papers will not be accepted even though I have a marriage of registration certificate from Mirpur. Long story.

The fiance visa is due to expire on 24th January 2021 as the last two dates we had chose were cancelled due to lockdown measures in London, 11/01/2020 and 04/01/2021.

I have emailed the cih team with proof of cancellation as these cancellations are outside of my control. I have also instructed my lawyers to prepare the fiance extension form as I do not want my wife to become an overstayer.

Is it likely I will get an extension from the cih team before 24 January?

I appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thank You.

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Re: Fiance Visa extension

Post by 1ehsan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:34 pm

11/11/2020 i meant

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:33 pm

1ehsan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:32 pm
Hi guys,

First time poster and need some advise.

My wife arrived in the UK from Pakistan on a fiance visa instead of a spouse visa, the lawyer I have said that the nikah papers will not be accepted even though I have a marriage of registration certificate from Mirpur. Long story.

The fiance visa is due to expire on 24th January 2021 as the last two dates we had chose were cancelled due to lockdown measures in London, 11/01/2020 and 04/01/2021.

I have emailed the cih team with proof of cancellation as these cancellations are outside of my control. I have also instructed my lawyers to prepare the fiance extension form as I do not want my wife to become an overstayer.

Is it likely I will get an extension from the cih team before 24 January?

I appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thank You.
"If you’re here with 6 months’ leave as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and your wedding or civil ceremony has been delayed due to coronavirus you may request additional time to stay, also known as ‘exceptional assurance’, by emailing cihassuranceteam@homeoffice.gov.uk and providing evidence of when your wedding will take place.

Otherwise, you can apply to extend your stay for a further 6 months to allow the ceremony to take place."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Post by 1ehsan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Thanks TODMATT, I have emailed them today. Is it likely I will get an extension as the cancellations were not my fault.

If so, how long will the extension be as we.do not know how long the current lockdown will.be.

I rather not make a extension as this is a waste of money but have instructed my case worker to make a start on the visa extension form

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Post by 1ehsan1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 pm

*UPDATE*

I got an expectional assurance for my fiance until 31 march 2021.

If I am unable to get the civil ceremony before then do I have to email the cihassurance team again due to ongoing lockdown restrictions.

My solicitor is giving me the following 3 choices:

1. Apply for a fiance visa extension.
2. He said even if i can get the ceremony done and get the certificate afterwards my fiance will have to go back to pakistan to apply for the spouse visa there.
3. I have the original marriage registration certificate from pakistan which my solicitor did not ask for before submitting the fiance app, can I use this to apply for the spouse visa in the UK even though we have not been able to have the civil ceremony done.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:34 pm

1. Apply through the same exceptional assurance process again.

2. Nonsense. He is taking rubbish. You apply for FLR M spouse visa within the UK after marriage and before the fiance visa expires.

3. It will raise questions as to why you didn't apply for a spouse visa, meaning fiance was issued a visa incorrectly that they don't qualify for. You should wait for the UK marriage cert to avoid complicating things completely.

i also suggest stop listening to a lawyer who doesn't appear to know what they are doing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Post by 1ehsan1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Thanks CR001!!

The fiance visa is expiring tomorrow midnight, do I have to do anything now or wait until I can get a ceremony date booked.

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Post by 1ehsan1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am

Hi guys,

Quick update, i have rebooked the civil ceremony for 13th april and got exceptional assurance until 30 april.

Two quick questions I have is can I use the same property inspection report i used in the fiance visa application or do i need to get a new one done again?. Also can I use the same english certificate provided in the fiance visa app for this flr m application?

Thanks again for your help.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 pm

1ehsan1 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am
Hi guys,

Quick update, i have rebooked the civil ceremony for 13th april and got exceptional assurance until 30 april.

Two quick questions I have is can I use the same property inspection report i used in the fiance visa application or do i need to get a new one done again?. Also can I use the same english certificate provided in the fiance visa app for this flr m application?

Thanks again for your help.
Do you currently live in a shared accommodation ?

1ehsan1
Newly Registered

Post by 1ehsan1 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Live with parents, no change to household other than wife living with me

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Inspection report is not required in your situation since you live with related adults in the accomodation.