ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my mother to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MariaLondon26
Newly Registered
Argentina

Bringing my mother to the UK

Post by MariaLondon26 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:47 am

Good Morning

I would like to ask the immigration gurus for their advice, I'm an Argentinian and a British national, and I would like to bring my mother to live with me in the UK.

After looking at the immigration routes to bring parents to the UK, I have realised it's nearly impossible considering my case. My mum is 60 and healthy.

What brings something interesting to the equation is that my mother is about to apply for Italian citizenship, her great grand parents were Italian, this is about to start through a legal process directly in Italy. The solicitor has advised that it will take between 12 and 18 months until she gets her Italian passport.

I have the following questions:
-if I apply for Italian citizenship, as I'm also entitled, is it possible to hold 3 passports?

-Once my mother and I get our Italian passports, let's say sometime late 2022, do you think it could be easier to for my mum to apply to live in the UK through the EU law/route? Maybe as a EEA dependent?

Thank you in advance

(Please accept my apologies if I have written in the wrong group)

vinny

Re: Bringing my mother to the UK

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:56 am

Possible to hold multiple citizenships.

I think you may be too late. You probably have to be a relevant EEA citizen before the specified date?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MariaLondon26
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by MariaLondon26 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Thank you Vinny for your reply.

Sad to know I won't meet the specific date...

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:59 am

MariaLondon26 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:10 pm
Thank you Vinny for your reply.

Sad to know I won't meet the specific date...
On the other hand, once your mother holds Italian citizenship, she will be able to move to any EU country.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.