ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Virtual Business Model Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cctzn
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Virtual Business Model Sponsorship

Post by cctzn » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:42 pm

(on behalf of a friend)

Hi,

I have a friend in an entrepreneur friend in the US, established a UK entity for his company a few years ago. Currently he is only employing a handful of local workers in a "virtual business model" - i.e. no office, everybody works from home and they directly report to his team in the US.

Recently he said he wants to expand commercially in the UK&I and Europe, and identified a perfect candidate, but the candidate apparently is currently an immigrant on sponsored visa. My friend is willing to go through the motions of sponsorship application, maintaining the records, and satisfying the sponsorship responsibilities, as it fits to his longer term goals as well, but unsure if he can postpone getting an office for a little while longer - especially given the pandemic. For a small company, paying for a couple of months of an unused office space is equal to a monthly salary of a person.

What is his chances to make this work or is this too much of an uphill battle or hassle?

Thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Virtual Business Model Sponsorship

Post by manci » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:57 pm

As your US friend has a company in the UK which employs people in the UK and presumably pays them by PAYE it should have a trading address registered with HMRC. Why not use that address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:02 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cctzn
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by cctzn » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:45 am

Thank you both!