ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

swissman20
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by swissman20 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:25 pm

No, nothing from the MP before the decision

zeeshi1122

Post by zeeshi1122 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Thank you, best of luck.

durga

Post by durga » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:04 pm

[quote=swissman20 post_id=1995539 time=1614950593 user_id=236096]
Just got my LR approved. Massive thanks to CR001, Cullinan and all others for their kind advice and offering us some light in the darkness!
[/quote]

Congrats Swissman, i have applied on 14/10 still no update, my wife's FLR(M) was approved in Jan. Don't mind asking do you have any dependent applications?

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:04 pm

zeeshi1122 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:33 pm
Thank you, best of luck.
Best of luck to you too Zeeshi! Hope you hear positive news soon.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:06 pm

durga wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:04 pm
swissman20 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm
Just got my LR approved. Massive thanks to CR001, Cullinan and all others for their kind advice and offering us some light in the darkness!
Congrats Swissman, i have applied on 14/10 still no update, my wife's FLR(M) was approved in Jan. Don't mind asking do you have any dependent applications?
Thank you Durga. I applied together with my wife FLR M but we have not recieved her application decision yet.

It is interesting you say you´re wife´s FLR M got approved before your ILR was approved? How is that possible? Is her approval not based on your successful application?

durga

Post by durga » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:32 pm

I too find that strange, we both applied at the same time by adding cover letter to process her application after decision on my application.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:14 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm
congrats swissman20
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:06 am

Thank you poper for your advice as well

dzheng80
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dzheng80 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am

Applied for ILR route: Set O
Type of application: Standard
Date application submitted: 05/09/2020
Payment debited: 05/09/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 17/09/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 17/09/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: 07/10/2020 (mark lane)
Decision letter received: Waiting
BRP card received: Waiting

I'm now spent over 6 months waiting for the home office unfortunately. I have contacted my MP previously and they have pinged the home office several times with no response. Any other thoughts or suggestions on what I can do to try and get a decision?

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm

dzheng80 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am

I'm now spent over 6 months waiting for the home office unfortunately. I have contacted my MP previously and they have pinged the home office several times with no response. Any other thoughts or suggestions on what I can do to try and get a decision?
I feel your pain - I also applied on 5/09/2020 and have had contact with my MP since December - but it's not resulted in anything from HO. I've since called HO on 6 month anniversary on Friday and they still won't do anything, and said they can't escalate until 6 months from my biometrics (which no one has said before??) and so they told me to call back on 18/03/2021 when 6 months from biometrics would be... and then told me to be patient, and that all workflow queues go at different speeds when I questioned why so many other people later than my application in September have been approved. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:43 pm

Received the below from MP today who wrote to HO on my behalf a month ago. Just putting this out if it comforts some of us waiting for decision. At least I know they have my application...not a word from them since I paid for the application

Thank you for your email correspondence of 5 February 2021 on behalf of Mr X, about his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain as the spouse of a settled person.

Mr X submitted his application on 13 November 2020. This remains outstanding and is still within our six-month service standard.

I can confirm that Mr X application is with the relevant team and is under active consideration.

If an individual submits an application before their leave to enter or remain expires, they will retain their existing entitlements until a decision is made upon the application. Employers, or prospective employers, can obtain confirmation of an applicant’s status via our Employer Checking Service: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Please note that an application can only be expedited in the most serious circumstances, such as life-threatening family illness or bereavement abroad, and only if such requests are supported by documentary evidence.

Unfortunately, I am unable to give an exact timescale for Mr X case to be concluded, but please assure him that he will be contacted as soon as a decision has been made.

We are continuing to process applications but due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. Applications may take longer than usual to conclude, and we ask for your patience during this period. Further information on COVID-19 and our services can be found on our website at: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-1 ... -residents.

Yours sincerely

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:47 am

Hello. A member @davidnhouse needs help locating the current address where ILR via SET(M) is processed. Anyone whose application is recently approved would have the address on the approval letter. Please post the address here or in the following topic.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/application- ... l#p1996256
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dzheng80
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dzheng80 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:10 am

srd1982 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm
dzheng80 wrote:

I feel your pain - I also applied on 5/09/2020 and have had contact with my MP since December - but it's not resulted in anything from HO. I've since called HO on 6 month anniversary on Friday and they still won't do anything, and said they can't escalate until 6 months from my biometrics (which no one has said before??) and so they told me to call back on 18/03/2021 when 6 months from biometrics would be... and then told me to be patient, and that all workflow queues go at different speeds when I questioned why so many other people later than my application in September have been approved. SO FRUSTRATING!!!
It's nice to know I'm not the only person in the same bucket! Did they give you any information about how to escalate? When I called the home office, the lady told me there's nothing they could do as the call centre and I would just have to be patient?

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 am

dzheng80 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:10 am
srd1982 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm
dzheng80 wrote:

It's nice to know I'm not the only person in the same bucket! Did they give you any information about how to escalate? When I called the home office, the lady told me there's nothing they could do as the call centre and I would just have to be patient?
He said that the file is locked by case manager while it's in queue and he can't open it to see it until the 6 months passes. So he said if I call back after 6 months (from biometrics date) they should at least be able to see the file and tell me if any issues. Although if there was issues I'd have expected they would actually contact me. He said it will probably come through within the next few weeks... but it's hard to believe that at the moment.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted my online ILR SET(M) application today. From the recent posts it is evident that it's going to be a long wait for me. But I am a bit confused about the UKVCAS appointment availability. After paying the applciation fee online I immediately received an automated email to register on UKVCAS website and book an appointment. After logging into the Sopra Steria website I am not able to find a single appointment for all dates listed (4 weeks) in any service point within 50 mile radius. In fact I have tried all service points lsited in the postcode search and am not able to get any available appointments. Can someone please confirm if I need to wait for an email invite from the UKVI for appointment booking. Do I need to complete my document upload before this? This is what their website was saying for some categories and it's what some of the applicants on this forum have also confirmed. Or is there a specific time when slots are released everyday? I would really appreciate if someone can confirm.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:28 pm

aka007 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:26 pm
Hi All,

I have submitted my online ILR SET(M) application today. From the recent posts it is evident that it's going to be a long wait for me. But I am a bit confused about the UKVCAS appointment availability. After paying the applciation fee online I immediately received an automated email to register on UKVCAS website and book an appointment. After logging into the Sopra Steria website I am not able to find a single appointment for all dates listed (4 weeks) in any service point within 50 mile radius. In fact I have tried all service points lsited in the postcode search and am not able to get any available appointments. Can someone please confirm if I need to wait for an email invite from the UKVI for appointment booking. Do I need to complete my document upload before this? This is what their website was saying for some categories and it's what some of the applicants on this forum have also confirmed. Or is there a specific time when slots are released everyday? I would really appreciate if someone can confirm.
Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Steps to follow after completing the form online.
Depending on your visa category, you will fill the appropriate form online:

Step 1: Pay [fee + super priority fees (if available upon your choice)] and submit application via UKVI ONLINE.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Cullinan
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:33 pm

Thank you. That was very informative. I have submitted documents to UKVI now. Waiting for appointments to show up.

Kittysquish
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Kittysquish » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:45 am

Does anyone know if Super Priority is open for the Ancestry route? 🙏

I have read that Super Priority is open for some ILR applications and see that Set (O) is named as one of them.

I called the official helpline and they could not tell me, only saying that there are different Set (O) categories.

Any information would be welcome!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:52 am

Kittysquish wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:45 am
Does anyone know if Super Priority is open for the Ancestry route? 🙏

I have read that Super Priority is open for some ILR applications and see that Set (O) is named as one of them.

I called the official helpline and they could not tell me, only saying that there are different Set (O) categories.

Any information would be welcome!
The UKVI website states which categories are able to apply for super priority at this stage. It does not break down specific Set O categories. You will know if you have the option if it is available in the online form.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 am

I applied for SET(LR) in November 2020 but still haven't yet received email to log my biometric details on IDV app.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

I'm worried that my application has been put in a limbo and there may be some kind confusion? Because I applied in Sept 2020 for SET(LR) and due to work visa related issue, I withdrew it in October (then applied again in Nov). I received the withdrawal confirmation email and a refund from UKVI but UKVCAS wasn't told about it because they sent me email to use the biometric app. I ignored those emails but I got another urgent email from UKVCAS to use the app again in December (relating to September application) so I used it just in case it might help with my new application.

I don't know if that's why I haven't received an invitation to use IDV app for my November application. Any ideas?

zeeshi1122

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:03 pm

You have to book an appointment with sopra steria, you cannot use Idv app after September 2020.

Log into your UKVI account at the end you will see book an appointment option this will direct your to make an account onto Sopra Steria where you have to book an appointment.

Usually you have 60 days from the application submission date to book an appointment you are way above then 60 days.

My advice is to do that asap before your application will be refused.

zeeshi1122

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:04 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 am
I applied for SET(LR) in November 2020 but still haven't yet received email to log my biometric details on IDV app.

I'm worried that my application has been put in a limbo and there may be some kind confusion? Because I applied in Sept 2020 for SET(LR) and due to work visa related issue, I withdrew it in October (then applied again in Nov). I received the withdrawal confirmation email and a refund from UKVI but UKVCAS wasn't told about it because they sent me email to use the biometric app. I ignored those emails but I got another urgent email from UKVCAS to use the app again in December (relating to September application) so I used it just in case it might help with my new application.

I don't know if that's why I haven't received an invitation to use IDV app for my November application. Any ideas?
You have to book an appointment with sopra steria, you cannot use Idv app after September 2020.

Log into your UKVI account at the end you will see book an appointment option this will direct your to make an account onto Sopra Steria where you have to book an appointment.

Usually you have 60 days from the application submission date to book an appointment you are way above then 60 days.

My advice is to do that asap before your application will be refused.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:19 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 am

You're basically unsure if you did IDV for old or current application. Send a DM to UKVCAS through Twitter to check if biometrics have been submitted for your current application
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:24 pm

poper wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:19 pm
You're basically unsure if you did IDV for old or current application. Send a DM to UKVCAS through Twitter to check if biometrics have been submitted for your current application
OP withdrew the initial application in Oct. OP applied in November again. There was no IDV app in November 2020. OP should have treated the November application as a NEW application and should have submitted biometrics at UKVCAS centre.
The UKVCAS emails OP received was most likely automated generic emails for Sep application.
As far my understanding, OP’s biometrics are still pending for November application and obviously the 45 working days deadline is passed now.

To the OP:
You should log in to your UKVI account (November application). Click book an appointment and create an account on UKVCAS. Book a biometrics appointment/upload documents asap and hope for the best.

Also as @Poper said, you can always contact UKVCAS on twitter to clarify.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:24 pm
poper wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:19 pm
OP withdrew the initial application in Oct. OP applied in November again. There was no IDV app in November 2020. OP should have treated the November application as a NEW application and should have submitted biometrics at UKVCAS centre.
The UKVCAS emails OP received was most likely automated generic emails for Sep application.
As far my understanding, OP’s biometrics are still pending for November application and obviously the 45 working days deadline is passed now.

To the OP:
You should log in to your UKVI account (November application). Click book an appointment and create an account on UKVCAS. Book a biometrics appointment/upload documents asap and hope for the best.

Also as @Poper said, you can always contact UKVCAS on twitter to clarify.
Agree with you.
However, I was confused as to why the OP received an email in December to use IDV app.
OP, please follow CULLINAN's advise