ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejecting the Job offer while visa with new employer is in progress and continuing with current employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KrajyKhanna
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Rejecting the Job offer while visa with new employer is in progress and continuing with current employer

Post by KrajyKhanna » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi All,

I am in extreme confusion. I am working with employer A on Tier 2 ICT since 2017. I have my visa validity till October 2021.

In February 20201, I got a job offer from a UK employer who issued a CoS and set the joining date as the 2nd week of April. I have also applied for Visa and gave my bio-metrics last week.

While I am waiting for my decision, I gave my 1 month notice period to the current employer (employer A). They asked me if I would consider a counteroffer that matches the new offer.

I genuinely like my current employer and I would love to stay with them as long as I could. It was only the skilled worker visa that made me look outside as it gives me an opportunity for ILR.

Now my question is, is it too late to accept the offer from my current employer?

Besides the natural inconvenience of informing the new employer about not accepting their offer, I am worried about the visa troubles.

If I want to stay with my current employer,

1) Should the new employer withdraw the COS? (Remember my visa process is in progress)
2) If the new employer withdraws the COS, could I continue with my current employer?

In this process, if my visa gets approved then what happens? Will I still be able to work with my current employer? They haven't yet informed the Home office about my resignation.

Now the worst-case scenario, if my visa gets denied (don't see the reason why), could I still work with the current employer as if nothing has happened?

Sorry if I have asked too many questions...but I think they might help to understand my mental battle.

Please suggest to me a way stay with the current employer? (They are willing to do a Skilled worker Visa)

KrajyKhanna
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Re: Rejecting the Job offer while visa with new employer is in progress and continuing with current employer

Post by KrajyKhanna » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:11 am

Status update:

My visa application got accepted with the new employer now. My joining date with them is the 2nd week of April.

Now my whole landscape has shifted.

As I mentioned, I am serving a notice period with the current employer. The Current employer has not yet informed the Home office about my resignation and wants me to continue with them on skilled worker visa.

How could I continue with them when I have a valid visa approval with a new employer?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Rejecting the Job offer while visa with new employer is in progress and continuing with current employer

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:02 pm

You will need to reapply with a new COS under the skilled worker route with your current employer. Do so as a matter of urgency.

KrajyKhanna
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by KrajyKhanna » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:23 pm

Thank you Frontier Mole. Should I ask the new employer to withdraw the CoS (on which I got the visa?) or it can be ignored?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:24 pm

A cos that has been used and a visa issued cannot be withdrawn.

You will need a cos from your existing employer and apply and pay for a new visa again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.