ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

internship in Brussels

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rathan2001
Newly Registered

internship in Brussels

Post by rathan2001 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:03 pm

I am tier 4 visa holder in UK. I am offered a placement opportunity in Firm in Brussels Belgium. Is there any particular visa requirements for me to be able go and work there for 12 months. What is the process to be able to get a visa there. Does the company has to sponsor me a visa(work permit B) or is there any advantages of holding a tier 4 student visa of uk.

Expecting precious advices from your end

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: internship in Brussels

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Your tier 4 visa is irrelevant to any other country except the UK.

You will likely need some sort of sponsorship for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 pm

rathan2001 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:03 pm
I am tier 4 visa holder in UK. I am offered a placement opportunity in Firm in Brussels Belgium. Is there any particular visa requirements for me to be able go and work there for 12 months. What is the process to be able to get a visa there. Does the company has to sponsor me a visa(work permit B) or is there any advantages of holding a tier 4 student visa of uk.

Expecting precious advices from your end
There is no mention of an internship visa on the Belgian Embassy website in London (yet).

The Belgian Embassy in Australia states the following, though:

"Internship Visa
APPLICATION FOR A LONG STAY VISA D ON THE BASIS OF AN INTERNSHIP

There are different types of internships and therefore different types of documents to submit. Most interns need a work permit (single permit), but not all interns.

If you have arranged for an internship please email us with details so we can send you relevant information about the visa application. The email address is: [removed]

PROCESSING TIME

If you submit a single permit the normal processing time for this type of visa is 2 weeks. If your internship is exempt from the single permit, the processing time can be 2 - 3 months.
"

So, do contact the Embassy in London or the Consulate nearest to you.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 pm

I think the best advice would be given by the placement/careers service or international student's department at your university.

They should be able to answer all the questions you have. Universities have their own provisions for students in your same situation.