ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Appointment ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Smile Spouse visa / Family visa

Post by MAS99 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 am

Hi

My wife applied for spouse visa back in 2016 which was granted however she didn't stay here enough due to her studies and now we need to make a new application again( as I assume this is the only way !)

I have few questions hoping somebody can answer :)

1 - Does anybody have a sample list of documents that I can use ?

2- Does she have to go through Bio-metric again ? She already did in her previous application.

3- Also her degree is in English and we have a letter from university stating that as well. Do we still need to provide NARIC letter ( IELTS expired)?

4- We have two children now. They have British passports so do we need to provide any documentation for them or anything else?

5 - Are UKBA still accepting and processing visa applications as normal ?

6 - Do we need to post any documents to UKBA or is it just scanning all documents and that's it.

7- She took IELTS Life Skills– A1 Speaking & Listening back in 2016. It has expired now but this was used in our previous approved application. Can I use this now again or do she have to do either test or NARIC letter ?

Thank you for your help :D

Regards

Mohsin

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Smile Spouse visa / Family visa

Post by seagul » Sat May 16, 2020 5:04 am

MAS99 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 am
Hi

My wife applied for spouse visa back in 2016 which was granted however she didn't stay here enough due to her studies and now we need to make a new application again( as I assume this is the only way !)

I have few questions hoping somebody can answer :)

1 - Does anybody have a sample list of documents that I can use ?

2- Does she have to go through Bio-metric again ? She already did in her previous application.

3- Also her degree is in English and we have a letter from university stating that as well. Do we still need to provide NARIC letter ( IELTS expired)?

4- We have two children now. They have British passports so do we need to provide any documentation for them or anything else?

5 - Are UKBA still accepting and processing visa applications as normal ?

6 - Do we need to post any documents to UKBA or is it just scanning all documents and that's it.

7- She took IELTS Life Skills– A1 Speaking & Listening back in 2016. It has expired now but this was used in our previous approved application. Can I use this now again or do she have to do either test or NARIC letter ?

Thank you for your help :D

Regards

Mohsin
1. Nothing has been changed since 2016 except fee and procedure of applying. Refresh your memory as what had you attached previously through following weblink but make sure to surf all links in it that will even take you to the application:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

2. Yes

3. If the test and test centre still on the ukvi list then it can be still used because it was accepted previously. See that list:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

4. Application form will certainly ask about them so just fill the form accordingly. Maybe no document will be needed to attach about them.

5. UKBA has been renamed with UKVI long while ago. Online application can be submitted but processing is almost frozen especially for those who are applying from abroad. Also vfs/ukvcas centres are all closed.

6. Now nothing is posted to any where rather application and supporting documents are sent electronically through ukvcas/vfs centre. After the submission of application you will be directed as what to do.

7. Yes. See answer 3
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Thank you. So I don't need the NARIC certification when I already have expired IELTS test. Am I correct ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 16, 2020 8:51 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm
Thank you. So I don't need the NARIC certification when I already have expired IELTS test. Am I correct ?
No
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Spouse visa and English Language test

Post by MAS99 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Hello all

I am currently applying for my Wife dependent visa. I am stuck on ENGLISH LANGUGAGE PART

My wife initially applied for Depend visa back in 2017 ( was granted) and she took IELTS to meet English language requirements. That IELTS is expired now

She has also got a degree that was taught in English and she has the certificate plus transcript as well.

Now I can either select degree or IELTS test. If I select degree, they ask for NARIC confirmation letter.

I read here on this website that I can use her OLD EXPIRED IELTS test as this is the same kind of visa and also as long as the test is still in approved intuitions list.. Is this still correct ? Can I upload old test transcript ?

or should she just take another test or use NARIC letter ?

Thanks

ALi

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:33 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa and English Language test

Post by TODMATT » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:07 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:25 pm
Hello all

I am currently applying for my Wife dependent visa. I am stuck on ENGLISH LANGUGAGE PART

My wife initially applied for Depend visa back in 2017 ( was granted) and she took IELTS to meet English language requirements. That IELTS is expired now

She has also got a degree that was taught in English and she has the certificate plus transcript as well.

Now I can either select degree or IELTS test. If I select degree, they ask for NARIC confirmation letter.

I read here on this website that I can use her OLD EXPIRED IELTS test as this is the same kind of visa and also as long as the test is still in approved intuitions list.. Is this still correct ? Can I upload old test transcript ?

or should she just take another test or use NARIC letter ?

Thanks

ALi
Did you mean you came to the UK on a spouse visa and you have previously used an English test but which level is it?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Submitting documents online for FLR

Post by MAS99 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi Guys

I am uploading documents online for my wife visa. I have got load of documents ( bank statement, pay slips etc)

If I upload them one by one, it will be quite huge and take time. E.g I am sending 12 months payslips. Should I upload 12 payslips individually or just do one pdf with all 12 payslips ?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Appendix II ???

Post by MAS99 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:56 pm

I am applying for My wife's visa and uploading documents via VFS global website

There are 2 categories I am confused about

Appendix II - Do I need to upload anything here ?

Accommodation: Permanent/Temporary - Do I need to upload anything here ?

Thanks

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Biometric Appointment ?

Post by MAS99 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 am

Hi

My wife biometric appointment is due next week. We have already self-uploaded all the documents that is on checklist.

Do we still need to take these documents to the biometric appointment ? Or just passport is enough ?

Thanks

ALIK

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Biometric Appointment ?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:24 am

MAS99 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 am
Hi

My wife biometric appointment is due next week. We have already self-uploaded all the documents that is on checklist.

Do we still need to take these documents to the biometric appointment ? Or just passport is enough ?

Thanks

ALIK
It will be good practice to go along with a USB containing the scanned copies of your uploaded documents. This will ensure you get opportunity to correct or reupload any documents should there be an error or omission in what you have done already.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 am

You can't take or connect to their sys via USB. They won't allow this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:00 am

MAS99 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 am
You can't take or connect to their sys via USB. They won't allow this.
That was my thought to about malware etc till read on here applicants go to appointment with USB. In any case if doubtful of that, go with your originals.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Problem is I have got some original in UK and some in Home country. I can't take originals.

It is so confusing as the biometric appt checklist says bring documents but then says you can upload them as well