ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return time after email confirming delivery address

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Burzum91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Passport return time after email confirming delivery address

Post by Burzum91 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:47 am

Hello everyone,

Application Based On: 5+ years residency, EU citizen. Applied on 09/11/20, application received 10/11/20. About a month ago received an email asking to confirm the address for passport return (12/02/20) and I replied on the same day. After not getting a passport for 2 weeks I sent an email asking when I should expect the passport back, and was advised that it may take another 2 weeks. Now 2 more weeks are gone (4 in total after the address confirmation email was sent) and I still did not get the passport back.

When reading thread on this forum I found quite a few people who applied in Dec'20 and in Jan'21, and they already got their passports back so I am a bit in worry why it is taking so long for them to send it back? Aren't they suppose to review applications in the chronological order and returns passport to those first who sent them an application earlier than others?

If someone had a similar experience, please share it I can can sleep well knowing that I am not alone ;)

Cheers!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Passport return time after email confirming delivery address

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Once you get that email asking you to confirm the address, you should receive it within a couple of days. 4 weeks sound like a very long period of time. Ask them for the tracking number and insist that you have it.

Petergerald596
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Petergerald596 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 pm

I received an email on 17/02/2021 to confirm address and received my passport back today 03/12/2021.

You'll get it back soon I think.

ava_l
Newly Registered

Post by ava_l » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:56 pm

I received an email to confirm my address on the 09/02/2021 and then an identical second email on the 18/02/2021. I have also not received my passport which I am a bit worried about.

It does not seem to be in chronological order as I know two people who applied in 2021 and have already received their passport. A bit frustrating since I applied over 5 months ago.

5Yearsin2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by 5Yearsin2020 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi Burzum91,

I think my experience is somewhat similar to yours.

Application based on: 5+ years residency, non-EU citizen.
Application received on: 16/11/2020.
Email confirming address for passport return received on: 10/02/2021.
Responded to email confirming address on same day: 10/02/2021.

I have not received my passports till now or any further communication from Citizenship. Sent a follow-up email on 9/03/2021 asking for an update but still have not received a reply to that follow-up email.

I keep hoping that the passport will just show-up any day now. I also did expect to get a tracking number emailed through to confirm it's on it's way. But it's been over a month now and I'm also quite concerned too.

Hopefully we will both get our passports back in the coming days, so we can both sleep very well after that! :)

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Miranda0412 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:39 pm

I was wondering the same, I can see some people who apply in Jan and Feb 2021 already got the passports back. I was assuming the processing was by the date of when they receive the application but that doesn't seem the case.
Does somebody know how the applications are distributed to be processed?
Is the delayed related to the team that process your application?
And if I haven't got my passport back yet, does that means the process of my application has not yet started?

I got the email 5 weeks ago, still waiting for the passport :(.
Thank you

Burzum91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Burzum91 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:23 am

I received my passport today, it was slightly more than 4 months since I applied. Here are time frames to assist you in case you are in the similar situation:

Application Based On: 5+ years residency, EU citizen.

- Applied on 09/11/20
- Application received 10/11/20
- Email asking to confirm the address for passport return (12/02/20), answered on the same day
- I sent email on 26/02/21 asking how long time it will take, got the answer in 2 days that it may take 2 more weeks
- I sent email on 12/03/21 saying that 2 weeks are gone and passport is not received, got the answer on the same day that passport will be delivered in the coming days
- Received passport on 19/03/21 with the letter confirming the application is now been processed. Letter dated 05/02/21.

I hope it helps