ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu 3 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship application

Post by Imigrasion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 am

Applied in Feb 2019. Got letter yesterday from DOJ asking for resion of "residency visa rejection and status" in the UK. It was rejected bcz eu family member wasn't using eu treaty rights. What should I reply? Or should I contact to a solicitor? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Re: Citizenship application

Post by ChristinaLeary » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 am

How did they get to know about your UK residency status rejection? Did you tell them as part of the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 am
How did they get to know about your UK residency status rejection? Did you tell them as part of the application?
The UK and Ireland share immigration data with each other.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imigrasion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:04 am

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:50 am
It says in the letter " upon information from uk home office you were refused ...."

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 am

Imigrasion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 am
What should I reply? Or should I contact to a solicitor? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Send them a copy of the visa refusal letter together with your explanation.
You don't need a solicitor for such a basic task.

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imigrasion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:11 am

Vorona wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 am
Imigrasion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 am
What should I reply? Or should I contact to a solicitor? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Send them a copy of the visa refusal letter together with your explanation.
You don't need a solicitor for such a basic task.
Thanks. One more thing, my eufam 4 is expiring next month should I wait for citizenship decision or apply for eu3?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am

Imigrasion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:11 am
Thanks. One more thing, my eufam 4 is expiring next month should I wait for citizenship decision or apply for eu3?
You must renew your permission before it expires, citizenship application has nothing to do with it, unless you get an approval letter an invitation to sign the declaration before your permission expiry date.

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imigrasion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:23 am

Vorona wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am
Imigrasion wrote:
You must renew your permission before it expires, citizenship application has nothing to do with it, unless you get an approval letter an invitation to sign the declaration before your permission expiry date.
Thank you for the advice. Can they issue a temporary eufam 4 again or has to be eu3?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:40 am

Imigrasion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:23 am
Vorona wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am
Imigrasion wrote:
Thank you for the advice. Can they issue a temporary eufam 4 again or has to be eu3?
Why didnt you apply for EU3 6months before?

"Applying for an EU3 Permanent Residence Card
As applications may take up to six months to process, applicants are advised to make their EU3 Permanent Residence Card applications 6 months before their Residence Card expires"

I suggest you apply for EU3 ASAP. I know of certain people who have got temporary Stamp 4 extension within a week of applying for EU3.

I hope it helps.

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imigrasion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks Raja. I didn't apply I thought I will get desion be April. But got above letter.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Imigrasion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:57 am
Thanks Raja. I didn't apply I thought I will get desion be April. But got above letter.
As Vorona said, onus is on the applicants to renew permission before it expires.

I wouldn't prolong if I were to apply for EU3 as you are highly not likely to get Stamp 4 extension if you have not applied to renew your permission.

Good luck!

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imigrasion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:10 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:06 pm
Imigrasion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:57 am
As Vorona said, onus is on the applicants to renew permission before it expires.

I wouldn't prolong if I were to apply for EU3 as you are highly not likely to get Stamp 4 extension if you have not applied to renew your permission.

Good luck!
Thanks for the help bud. 🤞🤞

Imigrasion
Newly Registered
Ireland

Eu 3 application

Post by Imigrasion » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:21 am

Hi board, I am on Eufam4 but my spouse is Irish, we moved from another EU Stát, that's y I got Eufam 4. Can I apply for eu3? Or how can I extend my stamp4? While my citizenship application is under process.
Can we apply Eu3 application online by send all scanned documents? Any link to send the application?
Thanks for your time.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Eu 3 application

Post by raja.brit » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Imigrasion wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:21 am
Hi board, I am on Eufam4 but my spouse is Irish, we moved from another EU Stát, that's y I got Eufam 4. Can I apply for eu3? Or how can I extend my stamp4? While my citizenship application is under process.
Can we apply Eu3 application online by send all scanned documents? Any link to send the application?
Thanks for your time.

As mentioned before, you need to apply for EU3 asap.

I recommend you mail the application rather than emailing them. Bear in mind there is no online portal to submit EU3 applications.

The below is the link where you can find all information:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU%20Treaty%20Rights

You may request for Stamp 4 extension from Immigration Officer from respective Garda Station if you are outside Dublin or book an appointment in Burg Quay office after lockdown in Dublin if you are from Dublin County.

It will be to the discretion of the immigration officer whether to grant you an extension or not but I personally reckon they wont as they don't have any grounds to extend unless you already applied for EU3.

Normally extension is offered by EU Treaty Department n bear in mind may still be legally allowed to stay in the country while your application is processed without extension but there will be gaps in Stamp 4 n also consider the implications of your Citizenship application if you dont renew your permission.

Hope it helps.