ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Curtailment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spmy
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Curtailment

Post by spmy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:10 am

Hi All,
I am a British Citizen and I married a guy from India and brought him to UK on Spouse dependent visa which is valid until April 2022.

After coming to UK, I came to know that he married me purely for the UK visa and he started abusing me and beating me many times, so finally I had to get him arrested for Domesric violence in May 2020 and he got punishment in court to do 300 hours of community work without pay within next 18 months time.

I am not in contact with him from the day of his arrest and I don't even know his address, but I knew that he is living somewhere in UK only and enjoying with many other girls by cheating me and using the Spouse visa he got through me. I am not happy to be cheated like this and I want to send him back to India.

I sent the email to Home Office in Jan 2021 informing that my marriage brokedown due to domestic violence crime he committed against me and I do not wish to be sponsoring his visa anymore. But they replied immediately that they made a note of DV incident that happened etc, however they will not reveal whether they will take any action or not regarding his spouse visa due to data protection policies.

Though they didn't inform me, I assumed that there is no reason for home office to let him stay in UK even under mercy as he is not a victim, but he committed crime.
I heard that usually they give 60 days for the person to leave UK if the Visa is curtailed, so I was assuming that he may be given time till end of March maximum to leave UK.
But I checked his visa status today in this below gov.uk link as I knew his BRP details and I was shocked that his visa is still valid until April 2022 and he can work in UK.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
I was just wondering why his visa is not curtailed. I just feel bad that he cheated me by marrying me for the visa benefits and I couldn't even get his spouse visa cancelled :cry: I would like to know any inputs on any other way to get his visa cancelled or to find out for even surely about the status of his visa. Please pour in your thought.
Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Curtailment

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:52 pm

As the HO informed you, your part is to notify them of breakdown of the relationship. Further actions to be taken (or nor taken) lies with HO and are not beholden to inform you of such steps.
Said former spouse could have found other means to stay legally in UK and or use time he has till the April 2022 expiration for such. Unfortunately you have done as much as you are allowed to. Doubt if any other avenue to take such step as you wish is available.

yodasw101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Re: Spouse Visa Curtailment

Post by yodasw101 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi @spmy,

I'm in the same situation as you, did you got any updates or calls or email from them regarding your partner's visa cancellation or deportation?

My partner is also from India who married me just to come here and earn in GBP, even I have faced domestic violence for the past year. She has now left the house after getting the divorce petition notice recently.

It will be good to know about your case, also about the biometric residence status, is it still active and not cancelled?
spmy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:10 am
Hi All,
I am a British Citizen and I married a guy from India and brought him to UK on Spouse dependent visa which is valid until April 2022.

After coming to UK, I came to know that he married me purely for the UK visa and he started abusing me and beating me many times, so finally I had to get him arrested for Domesric violence in May 2020 and he got punishment in court to do 300 hours of community work without pay within next 18 months time.

I am not in contact with him from the day of his arrest and I don't even know his address, but I knew that he is living somewhere in UK only and enjoying with many other girls by cheating me and using the Spouse visa he got through me. I am not happy to be cheated like this and I want to send him back to India.

I sent the email to Home Office in Jan 2021 informing that my marriage brokedown due to domestic violence crime he committed against me and I do not wish to be sponsoring his visa anymore. But they replied immediately that they made a note of DV incident that happened etc, however they will not reveal whether they will take any action or not regarding his spouse visa due to data protection policies.

Though they didn't inform me, I assumed that there is no reason for home office to let him stay in UK even under mercy as he is not a victim, but he committed crime.
I heard that usually they give 60 days for the person to leave UK if the Visa is curtailed, so I was assuming that he may be given time till end of March maximum to leave UK.
But I checked his visa status today in this below gov.uk link as I knew his BRP details and I was shocked that his visa is still valid until April 2022 and he can work in UK.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
I was just wondering why his visa is not curtailed. I just feel bad that he cheated me by marrying me for the visa benefits and I couldn't even get his spouse visa cancelled :cry: I would like to know any inputs on any other way to get his visa cancelled or to find out for even surely about the status of his visa. Please pour in your thought.
Thanks.