ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character help please guys!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adnan12345

Good character help please guys!!!

Post by adnan12345 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi All respected seniors!
I have got my settled status in Oct 2019. And I want to apply for naturalization! Now the question is that I have got no criminal offence but I was illegal from April 2010 and I got married in June 2014 and I applied for my visa in July 2015. My question is when am I eligible to apply for naturalization is it July 2025 or June 2024. I registerd my marriage with European national in June 2014. Or shall I apply now?
All.the seniors please help!!!!
I want to know when will I be eligible for naturalization looking at my immigration history?
Or is it possible that I apply naturalization and get it!!
Thankyou!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Good character help please guys!!!

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Hello

You take the date when you married to an EEA national + 10 years.

So the relevant date is marriage date to the EEA national not when you got or applied for the EEA card.

In your case, you can apply from June 2024.

If money is not an issue, you can try to apply before. However, you may or you may not get it. Sometimes, they send an email asking you to respond to some questions. Typically:
1. What steps did you take to regularise your stay during the period in question? ( pls provide copies of any available correspondence)

2. Who was responsible for paying your accommodation costs ( pls provide any supporting evidences eg bills, tenancy agreements etc)

3. Where did u live at this period and who else lived there? ( pls provide all addresses in full)

4. When and where did you work during this period?

5. When and where did you study during this period?

6. Did you receive any benefits during this period?

7. Did you receive funds from any other sources at this period?

8. Is there any other information that you wish to provide, that may be relevant to your application and the assessment of your ability to meet the good character requirement?
You then respond and see what happens. Sometimes they accept the answers and the outcome is positive but, more often, they come back with a refusal.

If you want to chance £1300 over 20% chances, go for it. Otherwise, wait 2024.

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Good character help please guys!!!

Post by London22 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:22 pm

adnan12345 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:38 pm
Hi All respected seniors!
I have got my settled status in Oct 2019. And I want to apply for naturalization! Now the question is that I have got no criminal offence but I was illegal from April 2010 and I got married in June 2014 and I applied for my visa in July 2015. My question is when am I eligible to apply for naturalization is it July 2025 or June 2024. I registerd my marriage with European national in June 2014. Or shall I apply now?
All.the seniors please help!!!!
I want to know when will I be eligible for naturalization looking at my immigration history?
Or is it possible that I apply naturalization and get it!!
Thankyou!!
Hello Adnan
If you havent told home office before if you were working illegally during overstayed period of 2010 to 2014 then you can apply & ask for discretion .You have to explain them how did you survive without working during illegal stay & for that bank transactions or other means of payment from family or friends or letters from friends stating they have supported you throughout.It is not a starightforward application. Every year thousands of applications are just refused due to this notorious good character policy where your charcater is never checked but you are punished for your harmless mistakes .