ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Teedee
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Teedee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:13 am

JKAR25142 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:55 am
goodcitizen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:36 pm
Teedee wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 pm
goodcitizen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 pm

The email that you received with your decision letter should have content like this:

Dear xxxxxxxx

This message is to confirm that your application to naturalise as a British Citizen has now been decided. Please find attached information regarding this decision.

This email is intended for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and if received in error should be deleted immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us via CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Please DO NOT respond to this e-mail as this inbox will not be monitored.

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mine didn't have the above though. It was pretty much a blank email with the attachment. The only content was:

"This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses."
Right, try sending an email to CT3 or CT4, maybe they direct to the right department :)
Hi Teedee
if you do not mind me asking have you tried to send an email to CT3 OR CT4 my problem same as yours?
Thanks
Hi JKAR25142, no I didn't as I wasn't aware of this at the time. I did send emails to HO via nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk - this was way back in January and I had no response! I also contacted my MP who submitted an Enquiry on my behalf. I received my ceremony invitation around 2 weeks after.

Teedee
Newly Registered

Post by Teedee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:15 am

JKAR25142 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:12 am
Teedee wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:25 pm
Bazaar wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 pm
goodcitizen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm

I'm not sure because my council hasn't received my certificate either. I had mentioned this in the email, now even if i assume the pdf is enough, they still want me to wait for the certificate to come in to the council
it's all so confusing.. all councils seem to do this differently , some they want the letter. some don't and the HO doesn't help either.
The email that came with my decision letter attached doesn't even have an email to reply to, it says do not reply to that email because it won't be monitored . It's not a CTcasework email either. So I don't have the option to email anyone if I wanted to ask the whereabouts of my invitation letter
Something worth trying: Your approval letter should have details of the department that worked on your application. This should be at the end of the letter, the signature basically. Mine is CT4.

Can you replace this email (CT3CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) with the department info? For instance, if I wanted to contact them for mine, I would use CT4CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Hope it makes sense
Hi there
I have tried this email and I got a reply (Undeliverable:)!!
I put my department instead of CT4, I put this CT6CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk?!
Is this should be right?
Thanks
I guess the logic didn't work then :( I honestly don't know how else you can proceed.

fruitcake
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by fruitcake » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:19 am

Date on Approval letter: 14 December 2020
Date of receipt of approval: 14 December 2020
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 09 March 2021
Letter dated: 26 Feb 2021 (2nd class)
Date of Ceremony: waiting (Luton Borough Council)

I have tried calling Luton Borough Council, however it is on permanent answer machine stating that they are only responding via email.

I have sent them an email to confirm whether they have received my certificate and to book a private ceremony. Still waiting to get a reply.

On the website they state that :

'You will receive a letter from the Home Office to confirm that you can book your citizenship ceremony. The Home office will notify us and we will write to you directly to confirm the date and time of the ceremony which we have booked you on. You do not need to contact us to confirm unless you wish to change this to a private ceremony.'

Hope they reply back soon and not another 4 or 6 week wait....

JKAR25142
Newly Registered
Swaziland

Post by JKAR25142 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:12 am
JKAR25142 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:07 am
nnn15 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:40 pm
JKAR25142 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 am

Thanks, mate for replying and the help you gave to me, but I have tried all of these above with no response from the OH!
Idk what to do more than that :?
Have you reached out to your MP and if so, have they replied?
Yes, I have but they said I have to wait and they said they know it is frustrating! :?
Tell them there's been a mistake as the Home Office has already confirmed 4 months ago that the paperwork for all applications approved up to August 2020 had been printed and processed. Therefore no one is likely to be working on your application and hence you'd like it to be investigated.
Yeah, I will try this Thanks Thanks Thanks for the help, to be honest, I've got depression and anxiety because. and I may do repeat uni year that bad my situation is :(

Bazaar

Post by Bazaar » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Anyone with Hounslow council? Have you booked a ceremony recently and how long are they making you wait to have the ceremony ?

N S
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N S » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:57 am

update Finally received invitation letter

Approved - 19 December 2020 pdf email
Invitation received - 13th march 2021 printed date 2th march 2021
citizenship application made through Solicitor UKVI Sent invitation letter to my solicitor

Remember if you Applied through solicitor invitation will be sent to your solicitor check with you solicitor
good luck those who's still waiting

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:31 pm

JKAR25142 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:12 am
JKAR25142 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:07 am
nnn15 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:40 pm

Have you reached out to your MP and if so, have they replied?
Yes, I have but they said I have to wait and they said they know it is frustrating! :?
Tell them there's been a mistake as the Home Office has already confirmed 4 months ago that the paperwork for all applications approved up to August 2020 had been printed and processed. Therefore no one is likely to be working on your application and hence you'd like it to be investigated.
Yeah, I will try this Thanks Thanks Thanks for the help, to be honest, I've got depression and anxiety because. and I may do repeat uni year that bad my situation is :(
I understand this causes a lot of distress. But your application has been approved, so it's just an admin mistake.
Follow up on all the channels, communicate it's some mistake on the Home Office side as they've confirmed it's done but you still haven't received any paperwork, so it needs to be investigated and further wait won't change anything.
Out of all the channels the MP is probably the most powerful one. And do submit complaints at the HO website.

Prilip
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Prilip » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:49 am

Hi everyone
finally I got an invitation
approval 30/12/20
citizenship invitation recived 16/03/21
citizenship ceremony booked on 28/04/21
Council Hillingdon

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

sanich
Newly Registered

Post by sanich » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:36 pm

sitidis wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:37 pm
:o So just some information for those who need it !

I received my approval on the 02/12/20

I moved house and redirected my Mail,
After 12 weeks I realised my letter hasn’t arrived I called the home office they said it should have arrived.

I had to go to my old residence. It was there and arrived 2 weeks ago !

Please if you moved after the 12 weeks check your old residence.

Another thing they don’t send your certificate to the council you live in !

Mine was sent to Islington and I lived in Hammersmith before.

I asked Hammersmith Council before I got the letter just to see if there was a mismatch and they hadn’t received it either.

So my advice if you moved check you old house.

Thanks and all the best !
Hi sitidis,

How did you get in touch with HO? what number did you call? Thank you.

Jawad566
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jawad566 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Prilip wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:49 am
Hi everyone
approval 30/12/20
Council Hillingdon

What date is on invitation letter ??

Jawad566
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jawad566 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:07 pm

Anyone from slough council
How long is wait time for oath ceremony after receiving invitation letter .

Prilip
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Prilip » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Jawad566 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:06 pm
Prilip wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:49 am
Hi everyone
approval 30/12/20
Council Hillingdon

What date is on invitation letter ??
08/03/2021

mcc1380
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by mcc1380 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:00 pm

mcc1380 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:00 pm
Received ceremony letter (2nd class)!
Date of application: 18/09/2020
Date of approval: 10/12/2020
Date invitation letter received: 08/03/2021 (letter dated 23/02/2021)

Sent email to council. Next phase of waiting starts.
Ceremony date: 22/03/2021

N S
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N S » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:19 pm

ceremony done today

it only took 15 minute at the end I asked her if I can collect the Certificate she said yes bring your id
20 mn later collected from council

good luck to those who is still waiting

real9701
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by real9701 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Hi guys
Do they send invitation by email or by post?

real9701
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by real9701 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Its been over 70 days i received my approval letter.

Teedee
Newly Registered

Post by Teedee » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:46 pm

real9701 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:10 pm
Hi guys
Do they send invitation by email or by post?
By Post

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 am

DreamerInDarkness wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:41 am
PhantomPermit wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 pm
All done
Cambridge county council
Approval 15th October 2020
Ceremony invitation 21st February 2021
Attended ceremony 4th march.

All the best you losers 😂 jk
Did you attend the ceremony in Cambridge or did you need to travel to Huntingdon? The website is confusing....
Huntington free ceremony

john3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by john3 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:59 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 am
DreamerInDarkness wrote:
PhantomPermit wrote:
All done
Cambridge county council

Did you attend the ceremony in Cambridge or did you need to travel to Huntingdon? The website is confusing....
Huntington free ceremony
How long did you wait a reply from citizenship@cambridgeshire.gov.uk for ceremony booking?

I wrote them a few days ago but received an automatic reply only:
Thank you for your email.

If you have contacted us about your citizenship ceremony then we will keep your contact details on file and will contact you when your certificate has arrived in the despatch from The Home Office.

At present we are waiting for certificates for 100 new citizens who have contacted us to that say that they have received their invitation to a ceremony from The Home Office.

Despatches are spaced a fortnight apart and, while we are assured that The Home Office are working their way through the backlog methodically and sequentially, there does still appear to be a two month delay so please do be patient.

Yours sincerely,

Cambridgeshire Citizenship Ceremonies
The information in this email could be confidential and legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and they will decide who to share this email with (if appropriate). If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues. Any personal data will be processed in line with the Data Protection legislation, further details at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/privacy Visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:27 pm

john3 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:59 pm
PhantomPermit wrote:
DreamerInDarkness wrote:
PhantomPermit wrote:
All done
Cambridge county council

Huntington free ceremony
How long did you wait a reply from citizenship@cambridgeshire.gov.uk for ceremony booking?

I wrote them a few days ago but received an automatic reply only:
Thank you for your email.

If you have contacted us about your citizenship ceremony then we will keep your contact details on file and will contact you when your certificate has arrived in the despatch from The Home Office.

At present we are waiting for certificates for 100 new citizens who have contacted us to that say that they have received their invitation to a ceremony from The Home Office.

Despatches are spaced a fortnight apart and, while we are assured that The Home Office are working their way through the backlog methodically and sequentially, there does still appear to be a two month delay so please do be patient.

Yours sincerely,

Cambridgeshire Citizenship Ceremonies
The information in this email could be confidential and legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and they will decide who to share this email with (if appropriate). If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues. Any personal data will be processed in line with the Data Protection legislation, further details at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/privacy Visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk
Cambridgeshire seems to be the absolute worst council in the entire country when it comes to this. No phone number to call, no response to emails, no virtual ceremony, and the backlog is well over 3 months now. Once you go through all of that, you're very luckily if they can give you a ceremony date within 2 months. It doesn't seem to get better over time, it's getting significantly worse.

I got my approval in Feb, and I'll be very surprised if I can do my ceremony before August.

If they wanted to, they could have done the entire backlog in 1 week virtually. Most people would be happy to pay extra for it for this nonsense to just end.

john3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by john3 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:59 am

DreamerInDarkness wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:27 pm
john3 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:59 pm
PhantomPermit wrote:
DreamerInDarkness wrote:

Huntington free ceremony

I wrote them a few days ago but received an automatic reply only
Cambridgeshire seems to be the absolute worst council in the entire country when it comes to this. No phone number to call, no response to emails, no virtual ceremony, and the backlog is well over 3 months now. Once you go through all of that, you're very luckily if they can give you a ceremony date within 2 months. It doesn't seem to get better over time, it's getting significantly worse.

I got my approval in Feb, and I'll be very surprised if I can do my ceremony before August.

If they wanted to, they could have done the entire backlog in 1 week virtually. Most people would be happy to pay extra for it for this nonsense to just end.
It seems PhantomPermit attended a ceremony in two weeks after receiving his invitation. So hopefully situation is not too bad

EvanEdinger
Newly Registered

Post by EvanEdinger » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:42 am

Hey all!

So I got my letter for citizenship in January (HOORAY!) but when I contacted Hounslow council about the ceremony, they informed me that they never plan on opening up private ceremonies again (this can't be true??)

I understand we're still in lockdown, but a strong part of me was really hoping to delay my ceremony until June (that's the latest I can delay it I believe) so that I can actually have a private ceremony with a small group of friends and family there with photos/video.

Other boroughs seem to allow private ceremonies (once covid ends) and I just don't know what to do in my situation. I truly wish to find a way to delay my ceremony so that I can actually have a ceremony that's not virtual.

Jojo0316
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jojo0316 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:15 pm

EvanEdinger wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:42 am
Hey all!

So I got my letter for citizenship in January (HOORAY!) but when I contacted Hounslow council about the ceremony, they informed me that they never plan on opening up private ceremonies again (this can't be true??)

I understand we're still in lockdown, but a strong part of me was really hoping to delay my ceremony until June (that's the latest I can delay it I believe) so that I can actually have a private ceremony with a small group of friends and family there with photos/video.

Other boroughs seem to allow private ceremonies (once covid ends) and I just don't know what to do in my situation. I truly wish to find a way to delay my ceremony so that I can actually have a ceremony that's not virtual.
With the way things are going at the moment I would strongly recommend to take whatever your getting. Asking for a delay in my opinion would be hitting urself in the foot. You may end up regretting it. Just saying. End of the day it’s ur decision. All the best.

Benbella
Newly Registered

Post by Benbella » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi, finally got my ceremony letter... History below.
Appied October
Biometric 10/20...free slot in Croydon
Approved.. 4/1/21
Ceremony letter.. 20/3

However I put down Croydon for my citizenship and have not seen a post about them having virtual ones.. Anyone who has had one from Croydon.. Will call them on Monday n c

This group rocks n wud never have done it without u thanks to the moderators

Jawad566
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jawad566 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Can you mention what date your ceremony letter was issued. Thanks