ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

knowledge of English requirement in citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AntoniusBlock
Newly Registered
Greece

knowledge of English requirement in citizenship application

Post by AntoniusBlock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Hello, here is my question.

I am an EU citizen and have an ILR 'settled status' (acquired in 2019 through the EU Settlement Scheme application) in the UK. I am now trying to fill in the UK citizenship application. I am stuck at the question 'Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?'. I intend to use a Masters Degree from a UK university acquired in 2013 for proof of English knowledge regarding my citizenship application, while my settled-status application was obviously later than that (2019). So I *did* meet this requirement when I submitted the ILR application to get the 'Settled status', but never used it as it was not needed in that application. Should I answer YES or NO to this question for the citizenship?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: knowledge of English requirement in citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Answer NO to the question as you were not required to meet the English required for settled status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AntoniusBlock
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: knowledge of English requirement in citizenship application

Post by AntoniusBlock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Answer NO to the question as you were not required to meet the English required for settled status.
Thank you very much for your response