ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of visa type

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

1whisky1
Newly Registered

Change of visa type

Post by 1whisky1 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 pm

I am currently in the UK under my husbands highly skilled migrant visa as a dependent. However, I would qualify under the new tier 1 regulations and was wondering if I can change to that visa? If so, how do I go about applying for it given my current status of living in the UK?

Any advice appreciated.

Markie

Re: Change of visa type

Post by Markie » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:23 am

I may be wrong but someone else can validate this...since you are only on a dependant visa, you need to go back to home country and apply for an entry clearance there if you pursue your application as the main applicant...
1whisky1 wrote:I am currently in the UK under my husbands highly skilled migrant visa as a dependent. However, I would qualify under the new tier 1 regulations and was wondering if I can change to that visa? If so, how do I go about applying for it given my current status of living in the UK?

Any advice appreciated.

justice122

Re: Change of visa type

Post by justice122 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 am

thats correct.

BTW - just out of curosity, u are already here as dependent of a HSMP holder. why would u want to reaply for Tier1 on your own. do u thin he wont meet the points criteria for extension or............??

Markie wrote:I may be wrong but someone else can validate this...since you are only on a dependant visa, you need to go back to home country and apply for an entry clearance there if you pursue your application as the main applicant...
1whisky1 wrote:I am currently in the UK under my husbands highly skilled migrant visa as a dependent. However, I would qualify under the new tier 1 regulations and was wondering if I can change to that visa? If so, how do I go about applying for it given my current status of living in the UK?

Any advice appreciated.

moose0138
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa Change

Post by moose0138 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm in similar situation in that I'm thinking I will need to change from being a dependant on the HSMP. My visa expires next year and if the situation is as it looks to be heading, will I need to submit a new application to get my own visa or will I be able to just get the extension under the JR (as this will be the end of my 4 years on the visa). Any help will be appreciated.

PS.Sorry if this hasn't been saved under the existing thread I thought it would.