ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative Review - Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

P2S2J
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Administrative Review - Student Visa

Post by P2S2J » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am

Hello all,

I applied for a student visa from outside the UK.
I used the super-priority (24 hours) decision application on a Monday
The following day after submission, I got a "not straight forward application" email and an interview was scheduled.
On Thursday for the interview, I waited all day for the call - none came.
After three hours of waiting, I emailed them, about it and followed by a call to UK HO, I got no response.
After six hours and 9 hours... as well. I then used the paid service enquiry to escalate to the relevant department.

The following morning Friday, I email again and an hour later I got a refusal letter stating, that I did not pick up my calls when they called me. You can imagine my shock. I have not received any call.

I decided to use a solicitor for my AR.
He first submitted an AR application and then 5 days later send the evidence to their email. (evidence is call logs from the mobile service provider and cover letter from the solicitor). The decision is quite harsh and I was not even a chance to state why I had not attended the interview.

1. is it normal that the solicitor should submit the application first without evidence and then send evidence via email later?
2. It is now over 28 days since the application was first submitted and I have no response. Should the 28-day count be from the email submission of evidence?
3. Can I write HO for a status update on the application?

I can't shake away the feeling that something has gone wrong with the AR process.

P2S2J
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Administrative Review - Student Visa

Post by P2S2J » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:21 am

Can i also quickly add that there was no acknowledgment email from Home Office that the AR has been submitted and in review. When i asked the solicitor said, that's normal. Is this

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:25 am

In 2019 you were applying for ILR. This would certainly be relevant to any refusal of a new entry clearance application under the Student route. Can you clarify?

immigration-for-family-members/visa-for ... l#p1773472
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

P2S2J
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by P2S2J » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:30 am

Hi, this is not related to past questions. This is for my cousin. I just copied and posted as he sent it to me....

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:47 am

Can he prove that he gave them his correct telephone number?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

P2S2J
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by P2S2J » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:26 pm

Yes, he confirmed in response to the email inviting him for the interview. The mobile operator call log showed the call didn't not get to him.

In fact on the Friday, when he told me about the refusal, i called him twice , it was giving an usual ringing tone that didn't get to him and it didn't show up on the call log. Definitely a network issue. Telecom in Africa isn't perfect yet.

But the fact he was emailing and calling them (proven on call logs) and asking why he hasn't been contacted should have been put into consideration. The refusal says failure to attend interview. The fact you can't get him on phone doesn't mean, he failed to attend. He has demonstrated his willingness to be interviewed.

Not getting a timely response and how solicitor handled the application is confusing.

1st applying for AR without evidence and sending it via email later
And no acknowledgment email that AR has been received.

His question is, has the solicitor messee things up and it yes, what can be done to quickly make amend ?

sonu78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sonu78 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 am

Hi i have also submitted my AR same as you have done. First i made an online application and then after two days i have submitted an evidence through mail. It's been a 40 days i didn't got any response from ukvi.
Pls let me know if u got something.

Stchl62
Newly Registered

Post by Stchl62 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 pm

I have submitted my AR since the 8th of February I do not have any response from them as well it is very frustrating.

sonu78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sonu78 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 am

It's really frustrating. If you receive any update regarding AR. Pls let me know.

sonu78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sonu78 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:32 am

Stchl62 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 pm
I have submitted my AR since the 8th of February I do not have any response from them as well it is very frustrating.
Have you got any response from ukvi plss let me know. I ain't got reply yet.

P2S2J
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by P2S2J » Wed May 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi guys,

After we waited for over 70 days and there was no response. We contacted the HomeOffice in UK to escalate the wait. They sent the usual standard response. "We have received your application and we will get in touch when a decision is made"

On the 90th day of the submission for AR, we decided the best action will just to re-apply. 5 days after re-applying he was granted the visa.

So you may just want to consider - reapplying.

P2S2J
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by P2S2J » Wed May 12, 2021 1:42 pm

Stchl62 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 pm
We submitted AR about the same time, It never came out. we had to reapply, then used priority (5 days). but in the application, we provided the details to the AR under " brief information on why you were previosuly denied". He got the visa and arrived the UK 3 days after.