ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice about addresses when my occupation was a live-in carer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Is it suitable referee?

Post by Tryptamine » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Hello,

I am trying to find the right referee and I know a lady who is a Fitness Professional who has her own company registered like LTD - Fitness coach and nutritionist.

Would she be accepted as my referee?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Filip

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Is it suitable referee?

Post by mesn » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:00 pm
Hello,

I am trying to find the right referee and I know a lady who is a Fitness Professional who has her own company registered like LTD - Fitness coach and nutritionist.

Would she be accepted as my referee?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Filip
Yes if its a VAT registered company.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Is it suitable referee?

Post by Tryptamine » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:13 pm

Yes, it is VAT registered company. Thank you very much for your response. Very appreciated.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Is he suitable referee?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask you for your help.

I have a friend who is a British citizen and while he would be more than happy to help with my application for British citizenship, he is not sure if he is eligible. Saying, that while management is certainly part of his daily work, his job title doesn’t include the word ‘manager’. He works as a helpdesk administrator, organizing work for their engineers to provide facilities and maintenance support to their clients. Their company is both a limited company and is VAT registered, so the closest he would come to something on the list of accepted occupations for a referee would be either:

1)director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company
2) manager or Personnel officer (of limited company)

So, I was wondering, that maybe you would be so kind and confirm whether he would be suitable or not.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Filip

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is he suitable referee?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:04 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:01 pm
Hello,

I would like to ask you for your help.

I have a friend who is a British citizen and while he would be more than happy to help with my application for British citizenship, he is not sure if he is eligible. Saying, that while management is certainly part of his daily work, his job title doesn’t include the word ‘manager’. He works as a helpdesk administrator, organizing work for their engineers to provide facilities and maintenance support to their clients. Their company is both a limited company and is VAT registered, so the closest he would come to something on the list of accepted occupations for a referee would be either:

1)director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company
2) manager or Personnel officer (of limited company)

So, I was wondering, that maybe you would be so kind and confirm whether he would be suitable or not.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Filip
A helpdesk administrator is not suitable for the professional referee.

Note you only need ONE professional referee of any nationality. The other referee must be British and over 25 years of age.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Is he suitable referee?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Oh, I did not know that. Thank you very much for your help. You helped me very much.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Advice about addresses when my occupation was a live-in carer

Post by Tryptamine » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask you for your advice. I am filling up the online form of my citizenship and I need to list all my addresses for the last 5 years.

While I was living in the UK, I was living as a live-in carer in my customer houses (living with them for long periods of time and looking after them). When I asked my manager if she can list all the addresses where I was living with my customers she told me the following: "Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be able to give out any customer addresses due to Data Protection and you did not reside at the properties, you were there in an employed capacity. You will need to use the Head Office address of our care company".

Will it be acceptable for Home Office, when I sent one address of my care company instead of addresses where I was living with my customers? I am worried that it will not be accepted.

Thank you very much for your help.
Filip

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Advice about addresses when my occupation was a live-in carer

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Should be okay given your circumstances. Clarify in the cover letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Advice about addresses when my occupation was a live-in carer

Post by Tryptamine » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Thank you very much. I should have said that I was not all the time live-in carer and I also lived in rented properties in certain periods of time. Your answer is very encouraging. Thank you very much for your valuable help.