ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Ongoing Citizenship Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maples_
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Advice on Ongoing Citizenship Application

Post by maples_ » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Hi All,

Need some feedback on the below scenario, whether I should contact the department or not.

I have been a resident of Ireland since 2013. I launched my naturalization application as a NON-EU national with STAMP-4 in Jan 2020. In the Residency calculation, I put all my stamps dating from 2013 till 2020 and calculated the total days minus the 6 Weeks plus trips to cover section 5.6 of the application form. As requested in the application, I submitted my 6-weeks plus travels for the past 5 years from 2015 till 2020.

The current status is that I received my Second Stage Letter back in May 2020.

Recently I received the FOI details. In the FOI documents I could see that the GARDA vetting has been completed back in December 2020.

However in FOI, I realized the naturalization calculator page which I submitted with my application is removed and the application handler attached a new residency calculator page and only mentioned that stamps from 2015 till 2020 not covering my older stamps of 2013, 2014, which basically creates an impact on my residency qualification days. The main concern is that he has put a NO in front of section 5.6.

I suspect the department has miscalculated my time by only considering the stamps from 2015 till 2020 and removing older stamps.

What do you think is a desirable action,
1- Shall I contact the department and notify them of this mistake.
2- Since the application is already in Stage-2 and passed Garda Vetting, this should not negatively impact the decision ?

Thanks

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Advice on Ongoing Citizenship Application

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm

maples_ wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm
Hi All,

Need some feedback on the below scenario, whether I should contact the department or not.

I have been a resident of Ireland since 2013. I launched my naturalization application as a NON-EU national with STAMP-4 in Jan 2020. In the Residency calculation, I put all my stamps dating from 2013 till 2020 and calculated the total days minus the 6 Weeks plus trips to cover section 5.6 of the application form. As requested in the application, I submitted my 6-weeks plus travels for the past 5 years from 2015 till 2020.

Recently I received the FOI details. In the FOI documents I could see that the GARDA vetting has been completed back in December 2020.

However in FOI, I realized the naturalization calculator page which I submitted with my application is removed and the application handler attached a new residency calculator page and only mentioned that stamps from 2015 till 2020 not covering my older stamps of 2013, 2014, which basically creates an impact on my residency qualification days. The main concern is that he has put a NO in front of section 5.6.

I suspect the department has miscalculated my time by only considering the stamps from 2015 till 2020 and removing older stamps.

2- Since the application is already in Stage-2 and passed Garda Vetting, this should not negatively impact the decision ?

Thanks
I am not sure if this is true but someone I know who work with an immigration law firm said the more applicant send them email enquiry for an update is the more they will keep requesting for Garda checks which makes the application spend longer time with them because they assume the applicant probably must have committed a crime and desperate to get approval of his application. Again, I'm not sure if this is true. But from a different angle sounds common sense.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 pm

[/quote]
I am not sure if this is true but someone I know who work with an immigration law firm said the more applicant send them email enquiry for an update is the more they will keep requesting for Garda checks which makes the application spend longer time with them because they assume the applicant probably must have committed a crime and desperate to get approval of his application. Again, I'm not sure if this is true. But from a different angle sounds common sense.
[/quote]
No! I don't think so, I don't believe you are being treated suspiciously until proved otherwise, waiting for a decision is like waiting for a salary, when it doesn't come you start asking for it, but I think they are lacking staff.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:38 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm
maples_ wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks

This could make sense in a way.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 pm

maples_ wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
If there appear to be discrepancies, I would most certainly write in to enquire about the same. There’s a reason you applied for the FOI after all. I wouldn’t write them a harshly-worded email but would write in enquiring decently- they’ll clarify either way.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:44 pm

You should write a letter to INIS to clarify your residency. You need to tell them explicitly that your application's reckonable residences started from 2013, not from 2015, therefore you have met the reckonable residences requirement. Since there's no other outstanding items on your application, you would urge them to submit the application to the minister as soon as possible.

And no it won't have any negative impact on your application whatsoever. As a matter of fact, if you don't inform them of this error, it may cause your applications to be further delayed or even rejected.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:48 pm

alhakeem wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 pm
[/quote]
No! I don't think so, I don't believe you are being treated suspiciously until proved otherwise, waiting for a decision is like waiting for a salary, when it doesn't come you start asking for it, but I think they are lacking staff.
[/quote]

That's exactly my thoughts. Applicant have the right to request for an update about their application.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:50 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:44 pm
You should write a letter to INIS to clarify your residency. You need to tell them explicitly that your application's reckonable residences started from 2013, not from 2015, therefore you have met the reckonable residences requirement. Since there's no other outstanding items on your application, you would urge them to submit the application to the minister as soon as possible.

And no it won't have any negative impact on your application whatsoever. As a matter of fact, if you don't inform them of this error, it may cause your applications to be further delayed or even rejected.
Absolutely spot on

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 pm

So looks like staff mistakes are common. My wife’s nationality was listed wrong that was disclosed by foi. I send them an email to update. I receive confirmation and approval soon after that.

So I would definitely inform them of the error

maples_
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by maples_ » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Cheers