ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application form : ror

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mallakxxx666
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Good character : Magistrate Court Fine

Post by mallakxxx666 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Hi,

I was given a magistrate courts fine sometime in 2015-16 which was not paid on time.
My company got an attachment of earnings order from court in March 2018 and it was paid immediately.

The offence was having an untaxed car parked on a public road while SORN was declared. The total amount fined was 360.

Do I need to declare this as a criminial conviction on the form ?

Date of sentence should be the date of original fine or the date of attachement of earnings order?

Where can I get a record of this information being recorded? Would this be police records. court records ?

Many thanks.

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Good character : Magistrate Court Fine

Post by London22 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:13 pm

mallakxxx666 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:43 pm
Hi,

I was given a magistrate courts fine sometime in 2015-16 which was not paid on time.
My company got an attachment of earnings order from court in March 2018 and it was paid immediately.

The offence was having an untaxed car parked on a public road while SORN was declared. The total amount fined was 360.

Do I need to declare this as a criminial conviction on the form ?

Date of sentence should be the date of original fine or the date of attachement of earnings order?

Where can I get a record of this information being recorded? Would this be police records. court records ?

Many thanks.
Hello
You should declare this .You wont be refused merely due to this as 3 years have passed but declaring it is better .Dont worry too much to find its details. Just declare the date when magistrate first time made decision against you.

mallakxxx666
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Re: Good character : Magistrate Court Fine

Post by mallakxxx666 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I will offcourse mention it in the application, Just a bit confised whether its supposed to go under criminial conviction or civil jusdgement/penalty.

mallakxxx666
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Application form : ror

Post by mallakxxx666 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 am

Hi,

Married in 2010.

Brp via ror received in 2016 - non EU married to EU citizen previously.

Settled status received in 2019

In the AN form there is a question asking whether you are a family member of EU national.

1. Do I need to reply yes or no to that question as I'm not a family member anymore? or does it need to be explained in a covering letter?

2. I've got gaps of 4 months in between employments over the last ten years while I've been switching jobs. Does that impact the application?

I have all email correspondence/evidence to show that I was actively job seeking during those periods so my understanding is that would cover any potential issues if I mention it in a cover letter and attach screenshots etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards