ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

furlough & extension enquiry

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarahaj
Newly Registered
Bahrain

furlough & extension enquiry

Post by sarahaj » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:23 pm

good afternoon all,
I am under the entrepreneur rules, my ILR application is after a few months and my business was affected because of the COVID19 as many businesses in the UK,
I was suffering these days but because I don't want to make any delays in my ILR visa I didn't apply for the furlough scheme from the government because I know that every month I pay my employee from the furlough
it will not be count from the year that I have to pay the wages from my own account.
but now I am stuck and I am facing financial issues.
I don't know what to do, shall I apply for the furlough scheme, as my accountant advised me, but he just advise me to apply to take the furlough with ignoring the period that will not be count from the year before applying for the ILR visa,

my question is,

1- shall I apply for the furlough?
2- can this affect my ILR visa?
3-what about the months that will not count?
4-if I apply for the furloughs then I should apply for an extension to complete the period of the year, that I have to pay my employee the full salary from my own, do anyone know how much the extension fees for this period
thanks

marcnath

Re: furlough & extension enquiry

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Employees on furlough are counted towards the job creation
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sarahaj
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Post by sarahaj » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:47 pm

thanks for your response;

The time when your employees were furloughed will count towards the 12 month period if they have been paid at least 80% of their normal salary.
If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed to extend your stay for a further 2 years, if you can show:
you‘ve created at least 2 jobs by the date you apply
you’ve been unable to employ staff for 12 months due to coronavirus.

this is from the GOV. website
here they are talking about the furlough as 80% I pay and 20 % the GOV pay this will count in the 12 months but what I mean is the furlough as full payment this kind of furlough if I make it to my employee for 3 or 4 months, this months will not count in the 12 months so I will apply for an extension to complete the 12 months and then I can apply for the ILR this what I can understand

if this is right, do you know how much the extension fees will be?
and can this effect my visa ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:39 pm

sarahaj wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:47 pm
thanks for your response;

The time when your employees were furloughed will count towards the 12 month period if they have been paid at least 80% of their normal salary.
If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed to extend your stay for a further 2 years, if you can show:
you‘ve created at least 2 jobs by the date you apply
you’ve been unable to employ staff for 12 months due to coronavirus.

this is from the GOV. website
here they are talking about the furlough as 80% I pay and 20 % the GOV pay this will count in the 12 months but what I mean is the furlough as full payment this kind of furlough if I make it to my employee for 3 or 4 months, this months will not count in the 12 months so I will apply for an extension to complete the 12 months and then I can apply for the ILR this what I can understand

if this is right, do you know how much the extension fees will be?
and can this effect my visa ?
Sorry I don't understand what you have written.

There is no program where you pay 80% and gov pays 20%. When you have an employee on furlough, you are expected to pay them at least 80% of their salary and you can claim back up to 80% from the government.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sarahaj
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Post by sarahaj » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 pm

oh, maybe there is a misunderstanding,
okay the program is 80%
but this is not the issue
I want to know how much is the fees for the extension to complete the 12 months

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:39 am

sarahaj wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 pm
oh, maybe there is a misunderstanding,
okay the program is 80%
but this is not the issue
I want to know how much is the fees for the extension to complete the 12 months
Extension fees are the same irrespective of the reason for the extension. Your extension will be for 2 years.