ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming child benefits and impact on PBS dependant

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arun1981
Newly Registered
India

Claiming child benefits and impact on PBS dependant

Post by Arun1981 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm

Hi
I am on ILR on Tier 2 through 5 year Tier 2 General route. I have submitted child benefit application couple of months back for my 4 year old daughter born outside of UK.

My Wife and daughter's visa is PBS dependent with remarks " No Public Funds".Now they are going for renewing their PBS dependent visa.

I have come across a document "Skilled Workers (Dependants)- Policy Guidance" withdrawn on 3rd March 2021. In document for Settlement eligibility for partners where it is mentioned as

""23. When you apply for settlement, you and your partner must:
• be living together in your own accommodation
• not be using public funds
""

My question is
1) am i eligible to claim child benefit if my wife and daughter are on PBS depdendant with remarks No Public Funds. ?
2) Since i made an application already for child benefits does this impact their application of visa extension of current PBS dependent and any impact on their ILR in future?

ngvihu
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Claiming child benefits and impact on PBS dependant

Post by ngvihu » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:40 pm

Hi Arun,
I am in the same situation as yours. I haven't sent my application to the child benefit office yet, but I have phoned them. The answered I am eligible, but not sure if the claim has any adverse impact on child's future immigration. I am seeking an answer for your second question as well. Please share with me if you have any further clue.

Senior member CR001 has answered in [claiming-benefits/ilr-holder-claimed-ch ... 74289.html].

I would be very grateful if any valuable member could point us to the answer written in a governmental document.

Many thanks,
Hung