ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent; what happens to dependents???

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent; what happens to dependents???

Post by kmhah1525 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi,

I am currently residing on a Tier 2 visa and accordingly my dependents are also on Tier 2 dependent visa valid till 2024. Now, I am considering switching to Global Talent visa but I am confused that what will be the implication of this for dependents? Will they continue on Tier 2 dependent visa? Or will they also have to switch to Global Talent dependent visa?

Thanks in anticipation
Regards

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Re: Switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent; what happens to dependents???

Post by kmhah1525 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:15 pm

Can someone help with this? Still looking for an answer.
Will all the dependents also need to reapply for GTV while they still hold another valid PBS dependent visa (tier 2)?
Thanks

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:31 pm

kmhah1525 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm
Hi,

I am currently residing on a Tier 2 visa and accordingly my dependents are also on Tier 2 dependent visa valid till 2024. Now, I am considering switching to Global Talent visa but I am confused that what will be the implication of this for dependents? Will they continue on Tier 2 dependent visa? Or will they also have to switch to Global Talent dependent visa?

Thanks in anticipation
Regards
Hi kmhaha1525
The Tier-2 dependents also switch their visas to Global Talent dependents.
Regards
D

DreamerBeliever
India

Post by DreamerBeliever » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:34 pm

kmhah1525 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:15 pm
Can someone help with this? Still looking for an answer.
Will all the dependents also need to reapply for GTV while they still hold another valid PBS dependent visa (tier 2)?
Thanks
Yes, the dependents will also have to apply for GTV, along with the IHS surcharge.
Best
D

tareksamni
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by tareksamni » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm

Based on this response from the Home Office:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sion_why_a

You do NOT have to apply for the dependents when you are switching your visa. I'm myself in the process of changing from Tier 2 to GTV and did not apply for my dependents.

My wife and 2 kids have dependant PBS visa valid till 2023 and I did not want to repay the switch fees + new IHS fees for the new visa. So I called a lawyer for professional immigration advice and he quoted this response from the home office.

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by kmhah1525 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:20 am

DreamerBeliever wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:31 pm
kmhah1525 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm
Hi,

Thanks in anticipation
Regards
Hi kmhaha1525
The Tier-2 dependents also switch their visas to Global Talent dependents.
Regards
D
Thanks for the response.

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by kmhah1525 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:23 am

tareksamni wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 pm
Based on this response from the Home Office:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sion_why_a

You do NOT have to apply for the dependents when you are switching your visa. I'm myself in the process of changing from Tier 2 to GTV and did not apply for my dependents.

My wife and 2 kids have dependant PBS visa valid till 2023 and I did not want to repay the switch fees + new IHS fees for the new visa. So I called a lawyer for professional immigration advice and he quoted this response from the home office.
Hi, thanks indeed for your response. This is really helpful, I do hope that the GTV is also part of PBS visas. If that is the case then based on the advise you got from Home office, the dependents won't need to re-apply for GTV dependent visa. Please do share if you get any further guidance on this. Thanks again and Regards

tareksamni
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by tareksamni » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 am

I have planned an appointment with a credited immigration legal advisor for tomorrow Friday 21st of January 2021. She has advised me that she can help and provide clear and certain advise regarding this issue.

She is registered with "Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)" and I got her contact from:
https://home.oisc.gov.uk/adviser_finder/finder.aspx

So I trust she is qualified enough to give advice regarding this. What else we can do? :cry:

I'll keep this post updated with the outcome of the meeting.

tareksamni
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by tareksamni » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:01 pm

tareksamni wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 am
I have planned an appointment with a credited immigration legal advisor for tomorrow Friday 21st of January 2021. She has advised me that she can help and provide clear and certain advise regarding this issue.

She is registered with "Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)" and I got her contact from:

So I trust she is qualified enough to give advice regarding this. What else we can do? :cry:

Friday 22nd not 21st 😅 Sorry for the typo

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by kmhah1525 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 pm

tareksamni wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:01 pm
tareksamni wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 am

Friday 22nd not 21st 😅 Sorry for the typo
That is great. It will be very useful if you could share what you find out from her. I have also had the same answer (what you mentioned that the family won't need to apply for the visas again till the time their current visas remain valid) from the immigration team at my University.
Thanks a lot
Regards

tareksamni
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by tareksamni » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 pm

The advice that I got is that the guidelines say:
1- It's "best" to do the Visa switch for dependents at the same time with the main applicant switch or as soon as possible.
2- However, If you "can not". You can still apply for the dependents switch at a later time as long as they still on a valid (unexpired) leave (PBS dependents for ex.).

The problem here is that, no reasons are mentioned of why it's "best" and what is meant by "can not"!

Also, the lawyer mentioned if things go bad for my dependents and the home office decided that the dependents visa is not valid anymore because I changed my visa category as the main applicant. The home office will start what is called a "Cancellation of entry clearance and permission". As part of this process, I'll be notified about the visa cancellation and my dependents will be given some time to get out of the UK.

During that time, I can easily file an application to switch my dependents. The lawyer confirmed that at this time, my dependents are not overstayers and nothing will affect the outcome of the application negatively. My dependents can stay in the UK once the application has been filed and waiting for a decision.

Shahzad_ahmad118
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Shahzad_ahmad118 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 am

Hi,
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experience. Is there any further update about that? I am also going to switch my visa from Tier-2 PBS to GTV. So, I have been searching a lot about the dependents. Have not yet found a clear (YES/NO) answer.
Anyone having a personal experience is requested to share his/her findings. Thanks for your time and concern.

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by kmhah1525 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi,
What I have been able to find out is that the dependents can continue to stay on their current PBS dependent visa as long as it is valid. When the validity finishes, they will have to then change to the other visas.
Regards