ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for claiming Child Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scher

Eligibility for claiming Child Benefits

Post by scher » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi Guys,
Good Afternoon, I would like to inform you that currently I am on ILR visa which was granted on August 2019 on 10 years route and my wife is on FLR visa. My son got British Passport recently and he is staying with us in UK, so I would like to know that can I start claiming Child benefits for my son..I will apply for British Citizenship for myself next year, If I start claiming child benefits now would it effect my British Citizenship application that I am going to apply in next year..
Please clarify my doubt,
Thanks in advance,
scher.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility for claiming Child Benefits

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:43 pm

You are free to claim if you hold ilr, but claim in your name.

No effect on citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chapelle57
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Chapelle57 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:34 am

Hi CR001,

sorry to jump into this post. please will securing a council property offered to me not based on homelessness or housing support while I am still in leave to remain with NRPF affect my 5 yr parent route renewal next yr april 2022 ?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:36 am

Chapelle57 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:34 am
Hi CR001,

sorry to jump into this post. please will securing a council property offered to me not based on homelessness or housing support while I am still in leave to remain with NRPF affect my 5 yr parent route renewal next yr april 2022 ?

Many thanks
Please do not tag your questions onto other members topic that has nothing to do with your query. You already have an existing topic where you have been given advice. Continue in your specific topic please!!!

immigration-for-family-members/scottich ... l#p1998270
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.