ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Living Together

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raviteja440
Mood:

Tier 4 Dependent within Uk

Post by Raviteja440 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi all,

i am currently applying as Tier 4 dependent within UK. Kindly let me know if i need to provide any Invitation letter from my spouse (Student) while making my application ?

If so, who should I address this letter to Home office/ immigration Officer ? Would the below addressing be enough ?
Could someone give me the format ?

To
Home Office
<Home office address>

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Dependent within Uk

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Raviteja440 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:12 pm
i am currently applying as Tier 4 dependent within UK. Kindly let me know if i need to provide any Invitation letter from my spouse (Student) while making my application ?
No. The application itself tells you all the evidence you need.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Raviteja440
Mood:

Proof of Living Together

Post by Raviteja440 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:40 am

Hi All,

Could someone please let me know what kind of documents would be valid as a proof that i and my partner are living together. We have our bankstatements (own accounts) pointing to same address.
Let me know if that is sufficient?

if so, how many months of bank statements would i need provide?

Hellobro
India

Re: Proof of Living Together

Post by Hellobro » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:25 pm

bank statement is alright.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 pm

You will need to submit more documented evidence of co-habitation than just bank statements.

See the Home Office official guidance below on proving you have been living together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for 2 years:

"
13. SET5.13 What types of evidence might demonstrate living together and a relationship akin to marriage / civil partnership?
The applicant must provide six pieces of correspondence addressed to him / her and their partner at the same address as evidence that they have been living together during the past 2 years. The items of correspondence should be addressed to them jointly or in both their names. If they do not have enough items in their joint names, they may also provide items addressed to each of other individually if they show the same address for both of them. The documents provided must be originals and should be spread over the whole 2 years; they should also be from at least 3 different sources. Examples of what documentation the applicant could provide are listed below:

Joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, life insurance policy naming the other partner as beneficiary etc);
Birth certificates or records of any children of the relationship, showing both partners as parents;
Any official correspondence linking both partners to the same address, for example Council Tax, utility bills, Doctors records;
Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates the couple’s long-term commitment to each other. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ners-set05
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:28 am

Casa wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 pm
See the Home Office official guidance below on proving you have been living together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for 2 years
I think we may be at cross purposes, or conflating two separate matters. OP is already married, so they do not need to prove they meet Appendix Student ST 32.3, that their relationship is "akin to marriage". Plus the guidance quoted relates to a different type of application (spouse visa towards settlement), so even for proving that a relationship is akin to marriage for other types of application it can only be a guideline, albeit a helpful one.

OP is asking about providing evidence that they meet

ST 32.4. The relationship between the applicant and their partner must be genuine and subsisting.

ST 32.5. The applicant and their partner (who must be a Student, or applying at the same time as a Student) must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK.

ST 32.6. The applicant must not intend to stay in the UK beyond any permission granted to their partner (who must be a Student or applying at the same time as a Student).

No specific evidence is requested, other than the applicant's confirmation that they meet all the above. I agree with the previous poster that providing evidence that they are married, and that they have a joint bank account sent to their home address, should be sufficient.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.