ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD OVERSEAS BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION PENDING

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeroxabcshaikh

CHILD BRITISH PASSPORT (born in my home country)

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi All

I am a British Citizen and my British citizenship were granted on 19th December 2019 and my baby born on 1st January 2020 in my home country and I applied my Child British Passport on 10 March 2020 From my home country.

HMPO requested long list of required documents on 25th August 2020 which i had submitted all documents from here and to from my home country on 18th September 2020

Still I am waiting Application decision.

On the other side I am applying for my wife spouce visa and my son visa who born in my home country in 2015. My income requirements will completet on 6th january 2020 and then i will aplly thier visa accordingly.

My question is this that what should i do? i mean when i complete income requirement and then apply or wiat until my son grant British Passport or i applied thier visa and until not granted british passport then what will happen?

I am in very difficult situation

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: CHILD BRITISH PASSPORT (born in my home country)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Firstly, I am assuming British Citizenship granted in Dec 2019 i.e. you attended the ceremony not only approval.

Baby born in Jan 2020: Overseas British Passport applications can take long so you will have to hang in there.

For your wife and son born abroad: You will have to apply visas for them via family route. You will have to meet the income threshold (including your son child born abroad) and all visa specific requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Having a British Passport does not prove British Citizenship anyways. Your baby born in Jan 2020 is British by birth i.e. British by descent.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:16 pm
Firstly, I am assuming British Citizenship granted in Dec 2019 i.e. you attended the ceremony not only approval.

Baby born in Jan 2020: Overseas British Passport applications can take long so you will have to hang in there.

For your wife and son born abroad: You will have to apply visas for them via family route. You will have to meet the income threshold (including your son child born abroad) and all visa specific requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Having a British Passport does not prove British Citizenship anyways. Your baby born in Jan 2020 is British by birth i.e. British by descent.
Already advised of same in January when asked.

british-citizenship/new-baby-born-outsi ... l#p1871652
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:22 pm

Thank you so much for your reply CR001and CULLINAN

But i spoke with immigration advisior and he told me that its depend on tha baby when pregancy starts and the time of preganncy start whats your nationality? at that time my nationality was my home country but after my british nationality my baby born.

Its quiet difficult to understand my situation becaseu just i want to submit my wife and one son who born in my home country in 2015 i want ot submit spouce visa application next month and my son who born in home country but after my british nationality his british passport application is still pending. I conatct to HM Passport office several time but they always said that application is still in process nearly 9n months.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:43 am

First British child passport applications from the Sub-continent can take six months to a year.
xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:22 pm
i spoke with immigration advisior and he told me that its depend on tha baby when pregancy starts and the time of preganncy start whats your nationality? at that time my nationality was my home country but after my british nationality my baby born.
It is the date of birth of the child that matters for the purpose of citizenship. If the child is born after you acquired British citizenship, the child will be born a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Thank you all...

Two days ago i recieved an email from HMPO INVITE ME for an interview via skype.

I am asking here for my first child british passport office what sort of question they ask? and on skype what is experiance if any body have?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Passport interview are held to establish identity, to ensure the applicant is the person on the application.
Can only comment on my own first passport interview experience: lots of random questions, from "where do you live" to "which route you take to work".
Look at this thread for possible questions: british-citizenship/passport-interview- ... 64893.html. I wouldn't stress too much about it - there were a couple of questions I couldn't answer but wasn't an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

xeroxabcshaikh

CHILD OVERSEAS BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION PENDING

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Hi All...

I NEED URGENT ADVICE PLEASE

I got ILR on 19th October 2018 on the basis of ten years rout. After getting ILR I visited my home country on 24TH January 2019 and return back to the UK on 11th march 2019.

After 3 to 4 weeks to come to UK my wife informed me that she is pregnant when she was waiting her periods time and then she tested positive pregnancy test and then she visited her gynecologists' on regular basis.

I have all reports of gynecologists' visits and other ultra sound reports and hospital records.

NOW

I am a British citizen since 19th December 2019. After attending my citizenship ceremony I applied my British passport. On 1st January 2020 I blessed a baby boy in my home country. I applied my new born baby British passport from my home country when I visited my family on 10th march 2020.

I received email regarding missing documents on 25th august 2020 which i completed and submitted on 20th September 2020 then I received interview invitation and the I attend skype interview which was quiet good environment. After long long time wait I received email from case worker and he said that

Liverpool have referred the application to London as they are not satisfied that your child was born when claimed and they believe your child was born earlier, before you attended your citizenship ceremony. They are judging this by your evidence of entry and exit stamps for travel contained within your passport.

The evidence you have submitted suggests your wife was 40 weeks pregnant when she gave birth to your son.
Your last exit stamp in your passport is 11 March 2019, which would indicate your child would have been born at full term (40 weeks) no later than November 2019 before you became British. Your Childs birthday is stated as 1 January 2020 would mean you would still have had to be physically in the same country as your wife until at the latest 10 April 2019 which your documents do not support.
If you have any other evidence to demonstrate that you were still in Pakistan until approximately 10 April 2019, please forward it to me at the following address:

But due to complication in my wife case and my wife complete terms of 42 weeks pregnancy's record which is confirmed by my wife gynecologists' what should I do I have all letters from Lady doctor and all records of my baby birth hospital discharged letter and EDD date everything which already submitted with when they asked.

Please guide me

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: CHILD OVERSEAS BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION PENDING

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:35 pm

OP’s Previous post:

british-citizenship/child-british-passp ... l#p1971244
Your last exit stamp in your passport is 11 March 2019, which would indicate your child would have been born at full term (40 weeks) no later than November 2019
This is ridiculous. Even if you count from the last day 40 weeks come up to be 15th Dec 2019 not November 2019 (if my calculation is correct).

May I know which city in Pakistan was the baby born? And was it in a private hospital? Since I am from Pakistan, I am trying to guess the repute/authenticity of the birth certificate from that particular hospital. You do not have to answer if you do not feel like.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:44 pm

Also, when was the baby’s birth registered? Was it quickly done or with a gap?

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:46 pm

Hyderabad city Pakistan and private hospital

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:50 pm

Keep really good records before and after your child is born

Keep your old passport or booking confirmations, and you might not realise that those records from the hospital are important. But they might be, so keep them safe!

Birth certificate: make sure that you register your child’s birth straight away, especially if you had a home birth. If your child’s birth was not registered within the first 12 months, the Birth Certificate will not be accepted as definitive proof of their date and circumstances of birth.

This can be a problem if your child was born shortly after you naturalised because HMPO may take the view that you have not proven that they are British. In these cases, it is really important to put together as much other supporting evidence of when the child was born as possible.

Old passports: Even though it is not a requirement that a parent was British at the time of conception, HMPO requires you to provide both parents’ passports or travel documents held at the time of conception.

If your passport will expire between your child being conceived and you applying for their British passport, either take a full colour copy before applying for the replacement or request to keep the old document when the new one is issued.

Having the documents will save you time and money because you can avoid a DNA test.

Hospital records: keep as much information as you can about the pregnancy, birth and any post-natal appointments. HMPO has high standards of evidence and this can be a problem if you live in a country where the health and social system are more informal.

General life records: depending on how long it takes for you to get round to applying for a British passport, make sure that in the intervening time you keep records that can help document your child’s life: school records, vaccinations, family photographs etc.

Having these things at hand will make it a lot easier when HMPO comes asking for them!
-copy pasted from a legal website.

As long you have all the records as stated above, you should fight the case!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:47 am

xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:12 pm

The evidence you have submitted suggests your wife was 40 weeks pregnant when she gave birth to your son.
Your last exit stamp in your passport is 11 March 2019, which would indicate your child would have been born at full term (40 weeks) no later than November 2019 before you became British. Your Childs birthday is stated as 1 January 2020 would mean you would still have had to be physically in the same country as your wife until at the latest 10 April 2019 which your documents do not support.
If you have any other evidence to demonstrate that you were still in Pakistan until approximately 10 April 2019, please forward it to me at the following address:
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:35 pm
OP’s Previous post:

british-citizenship/child-british-passp ... l#p1971244
Your last exit stamp in your passport is 11 March 2019, which would indicate your child would have been born at full term (40 weeks) no later than November 2019
This is ridiculous. Even if you count from the last day 40 weeks come up to be 15th Dec 2019 not November 2019 (if my calculation is correct).
Indeed. HMPO have provided proof that they cannot do simple date addition. Their mistake undermines their arguments.

Moreover,
Most pregnancies last 37 to 42 weeks ...
Ask the hospital to provide her medical records relating to child’s birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:09 am

Hi viny

What records i have all laboratory reports of HIV and other which is important before child's birth and hospital discharge slip and all letters which is proof that my wife visit gynaecologist till 27 December 2019 which was last visit and then last visit which was week 42 and my child birth week confirmed by my wife lady doctor. Is this enough?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:26 am

Try submitting certified copies?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Thank you so much Vinny....

what will happen if case worker doesn't accept documents which I will send by post his office address in two weeks time case worker give me to submit? or what step I can take?
How can i do certified copies? All original papers in Pakistan and i am in UK. I got all papers scan copy and get will prints out and along with covering letter will send it by post

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:09 pm

What do you think this case could be in my favor?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:44 pm
Also, when was the baby’s birth registered? Was it quickly done or with a gap?
TBH you will need to back up your case with official original hospital documents. Clearly HMPO has doubts and you will have to clarify those. I am afraid if you do not have the originals hospital records it will be a tough one.

Or as Vinny said, try certified copies. Contact the hospital to provide you documents and certify them?

When was the birth certificate obtained?
Did you register the birth with NADRA also?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:55 am

If you have registered birth with NADRA get the Child Registration Certificate from NADRA. If Nadra accepts the birth certificate and issues you a CRC that is a government document. HMPO should accept that for child’s date of birth as an authentication for hospital’s birth certificate.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:39 am

Yes I have my child CRC from NADRA and family Registration Certificate which includes my all family members details along with this child date of birth as well from NADRA and I have also my child CNIC as well. But all documents already submitted with this application when HMPO requested

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:42 am

You can try again writing a cover letter and submit the best proof you have as per their recent request. I am afraid if they do not agree, you may have to pursue legal advice/action and take them to court.

The only other option would be registering the child as British (if HMPO rejects the date of birth on the certificate).

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 am

Thank you so much CULLINAN

I spoke with my wife gynecologists' and she is saying that she is writing a letter and confirming how 42 week pregnancy's possible in my wife case and i will submitted all hospital records again along with doctor letter hopefully they accept

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:57 am

xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:39 am
Yes I have my child CRC from NADRA and family Registration Certificate which includes my all family members details along with this child date of birth as well from NADRA and I have also my child CNIC as well. But all documents already submitted with this application when HMPO requested
HMPO should not challenge a government document. NADRA is the National Database & Registration Authority in Pakistan. Obviously they make their own checks to see if the birth certificate is genuine etc. That should solve the problem as the date of birth is on the CRC/FRC. HMPO refusing that means challenging official government organisation - NADRA’s authority too!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 am

xeroxabcshaikh wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 am
Thank you so much CULLINAN

I spoke with my wife gynecologists' and she is saying that she is writing a letter and confirming how 42 week pregnancy's possible in my wife case and i will submitted all hospital records again along with doctor letter hopefully they accept
As Vinny already stated: Most normal pregnancies last 37-42 weeks anyways. So that should not be hard for HMPO to digest. The HMPO made an error in the calculation in the first place. As their 40th week ends in Nov, however it should be 16th Dec. Plus in your case the pregnancy lasted little OVER 42 weeks (which is rare but possible - so here is where the gynaecologist’s letter can help).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 am

I am not sure if this is a good idea but possibly you may also rely on any baby photos when baby was born with date/time stamp on? Or social media proof if you posted there with the baby photo or post etc (date/time stamp)?

Normally everyone takes photos when the baby is born or the next day etc.

At least I took one right after my baby was born. Lol. I know in Pakistan they do not allow the partner in the labour/delivery room but in UK they do.

In your case your 40 week brings you to 16th Dec and 42 weeks brings you to 30th Dec.
You became British on the 19th Dec. So say baby would be British if born anytime after 19th anyways - the NORMAL 37-42 weeks which is common sense but not for HMPO. They messed up the calculations or maybe the CW is single or did not rely on google.