ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to do identification on EU exit ID document Check app for EU Settlement Pre-settled

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kinsha01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Unable to do identification on EU exit ID document Check app for EU Settlement Pre-settled

Post by kinsha01 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:32 am

Hi Everyone,

I am a Non-EEA extended family member of an EU national. I currently hold EEA- Residence Card.

Now, I am applying for pre-settled status through the EU settlement scheme. To apply, I struggling to perform an identification check on EU Exit ID document Check App which is the first step to apply for pre-settled status. I successfully take pictures of the front and back of my Residence card. When I perform chip read step, application says it is unable to read the chip.

>My phone NFC is working but I am not sure why I am unable to apply?
> Secondly, I have a question that is this the right way to apply for pre-settled status as I hold an EEA residence card?

Please let me know if any other suggestions?

Thanks

NatCam
Georgia

Re: Unable to do identification on EU exit ID document Check app for EU Settlement Pre-settled

Post by NatCam » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 am

You need to apply on paper.
Call the resolution centre and ask for a paper form to be send to you.