ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering the UK a day before visa expires

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talktonight

Entering the UK a day before visa expires

Post by talktonight » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:06 am

Hi everyone,

Need some advise here. My wife was FLM visa (2,5 years), based on the fact that we have a British child. Not sure what is the exact name of this visa.

It's due to expire on 14th June 2021, and then we need to apply for further 2,5 years.

We must go abroad for an important event on 7th June 2021 and plan to come back to UK on 13th June 2021. Is it possible to do that or would immigration officers have issues allowing entry? Do they have right to reuse entry if our child will be in the UK?

Unfortunately we do not have an option to apply for visa extension earlier due to the fact that I am awaiting for 6 months payslips to prove £19K+ PA earnings.

Thanks!

Casa

Re: Entering the UK a day before visa expires

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Entry may not be the main issue here. How will your wife submit her visa extension application before the expiry date to avoid becoming an overstayer? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:39 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm
Entry may not be the main issue here. How will your wife submit her visa extension application before the expiry date to avoid becoming an overstayer? :idea:
Hi Casa, thanks for your reply! So I was hoping to book Home Office appointment for extension for the 14th June, or alternatively apply by post and send the application on the 14th June via Post Office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 pm

There is no postal service application anymore.

You must apply online before the visa expires and upload supporting documents digitally on the ukcvas portal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 pm
There is no postal service application anymore.

You must apply online before the visa expires and upload supporting documents digitally on the ukcvas portal.
Oh, I see :)

I can apply digitally, no problem at all. So do you know if I can apply on 5th June, then travel out of the UK on the 7th, come back on the 13th (via expires on the 14th), and show immigration officer my application submitted on the 5th June? Or do we need to send BRP once we submit the application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm

If you travel outside of the UK after applying, your visa application will be withdrawn. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

talktonight

Post by talktonight » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:13 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm
If you travel outside of the UK after applying, your visa application will be withdrawn. :idea:
So can I return to the UK on 13th June and apply online on the same day, providing that visa expires on 14th June?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:05 pm

talktonight wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:13 pm
Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:49 pm
So can I return to the UK on 13th June and apply online on the same day, providing that visa expires on 14th June?
You have the opportunity to reapply within the period of validity of existing or current leave.