ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation refused after 3 years application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy1996
Albania

Naturalisation refused after 3 years application

Post by Paddy1996 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi guys , just wanna get some ideas, I have been refused for Irish naturalisation, the reason it’s they told me on the letter that you have been good character, you have been studying before , you have been working in the country , but we know that you have been back to your country few years ago which you were not supposed to go on the refugee status , so you decided not to give any explanation on that case , so that’s the reason we have refused you applicatio, also they told you can make a new application if you want too , but you still have to give an explanation in relation of going back to your country , any idea if there could be any other way how to go to high court as my solicitor told me that I should tell them the truth the reason why did you travel back to your country on refugee status which you were not supposed to , I am really stuck with this , so if anyone have any idea how could i make this work !

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation refused after 3 years application

Post by griffith » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:12 pm

How did they find out of illegal travel? Did you tell them yourself?
Stay strong & never Give up!

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:27 pm

griffith wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:12 pm
How did they find out of illegal travel? Did you tell them yourself?
No I didint but few years ago I got stopped in Dublin airport and they find few stuf that I had received from my country like wasn’t much , but after that they forced me to open my phone which They saw my pics , so they confiscated my documents, they gave me a letter saying something section 14 , which they put the wrong section at that time , so I hired a solicitor, and got my documents back , so now they saying only a story I don’t think they have a proof , but never know with them , that why I don’t know how does this can work

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Were you granted refugee status as a protection? (Unsafe to travel)
Some refugees are allowed to travel (temporarily) on special circumstances. What was the purpose of your travel and your refuge status?

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:36 pm

griffith wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:30 pm
Some refugees are allowed to travel (temporarily) on special circumstances. What was the purpose of your travel and your refuge status?
Well in that time I didint travel straight to my country as in my travel Documents it’s says you won’t be allowed couse I have a refugee status so I travel to the nearest country and then passed through but never got any stamp on my travel Document

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 pm

That's rough. Sorry to hear it. Did the FOI request show the record of travel?

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:36 pm
griffith wrote:
Well in that time I didn't travel straight to my country as in my travel Documents it’s says you won’t be allowed cause I have a refugee status so I travel to the nearest country and then passed through but never got any stamp on my travel Document
I'm really sorry to hear about your refusal. However, I've been reading a lot about your journey in time of course of your application and how you were reacting of shaming officers and calling them not to do their job properly. In the mean time, it turns out you were the one not being honest and straight forward with your declaration and blaming the system of making you wait for 3 years. Best of luck in your journey and maybe some lessons learnt from all those!

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 pm
That's rough. Sorry to hear it. Did the FOI request show the record of travel?
No the FOI didint show up nothing , on November 2020 my uncle passed way in Dublin so I requested e letter from the department to let me go to the funeral back home , so they refused me to go they also told me that we have an investigation case where you might have been back in 2017 , that’s when they start sending me letters in December asking for explanation of 2017 , now I am really stuck I don’t even know where to start

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:00 pm

hako wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
griffith wrote:
Well in that time I didn't travel straight to my country as in my travel Documents it’s says you won’t be allowed cause I have a refugee status so I travel to the nearest country and then passed through but never got any stamp on my travel Document
I'm really sorry to hear about your refusal. However, I've been reading a lot about your journey in time of course of your application and how you were reacting of shaming officers and calling them not to do their job properly. In the mean time, it turns out you were the one not being honest and straight forward with your declaration and blaming the system of making you wait for 3 years. Best of luck in your journey and maybe some lessons learnt from all those!
They never asked me for anything in relation to that everything started lately when I requested to go to my uncles funeral which he passed way in Dublin by the time I got the letter from them saying that they won’t allowed me to fly with my uncles remains, so they refused me to go for the funeral after that they start sending me a letters mention of the case of 2017

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:28 pm
Hi guys , just wanna get some ideas, I have been refused for Irish naturalisation, the reason it’s they told me on the letter that you have been good character, you have been studying before , you have been working in the country , but we know that you have been back to your country few years ago which you were not supposed to go on the refugee status , so you decided not to give any explanation on that case , so that’s the reason we have refused you applicatio, also they told you can make a new application if you want too , but you still have to give an explanation in relation of going back to your country , any idea if there could be any other way how to go to high court as my solicitor told me that I should tell them the truth the reason why did you travel back to your country on refugee status which you were not supposed to , I am really stuck with this , so if anyone have any idea how could i make this work !

Sorry what’s your country of origin if i may ask?

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:36 pm

Dodi412 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Sorry what’s your country of origin if i may ask?
hi i am really sorry to hear that about your refusal can you please tell me when did you got this refusal decision letter ?
thanks

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 pm

Not sure if it is lawful to refuse naturalisation based on travelling as i dont think its a crime.
You will need an expert's advice. I would say get in touch with @obie

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:57 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Well in that time I didint travel straight to my country as in my travel Documents it’s says you won’t be allowed couse I have a refugee status so I travel to the nearest country and then passed through but never got any stamp on my travel Document
Paddy1996 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm
No the FOI didint show up nothing , on November 2020 my uncle passed way in Dublin so I requested e letter from the department to let me go to the funeral back home , so they refused me to go they also told me that we have an investigation case where you might have been back in 2017 , that’s when they start sending me letters in December asking for explanation of 2017 , now I am really stuck I don’t even know where to start
I mean, do you really think that INIS just checks if there's a stamp in your passport? Authorities can get your travel history from any EU based airlines and from any countries that Ireland has a treaty with. The stamp in your passport at best helps yourself to remember where you have travelled to. It is of no use to authorities.

So you have pretty much acknowledged it yourself that you have travelled back before, and you have tried to travel back again, when you clearly made your asylum application on the basis that it is unsafe for you to travel back. If this is the case, I can't see how you will be able to get citizenship until this bit is cleared, especially under the current climate.

As the other person mentioned, you had been repeatedly shaming INIS officers, when in fact it is you that did not explain properly in your application.

Btw, FOI will not show anything that may contravene an active investigation on grounds of national security. You may think that it is just a short trip that you have tried your best to hide from INIS, but that would become a huge issue from the authority's point of view.

If you intend to get a solicitor, you'd better ask the solicitor to find a way to sort out the active investigation on your alleged illegal travel history before, as I can't see that any judge would be willing to issue a reconsideration when there's a question mark on national security.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 am

I am sorry that the decision has gone against you. But like other users said you are in the wrong here. First you did not follow the conditions of your status in the country. Second, when you were aware that officers found out about your trip back home as you said they took your mobile and question photos; you still pick up. A fight with inis by threatening them to take them to court when you are in the wrong. Looking at your posts, it doesn’t look like you disclosed this info to your solicitor.
Based on this info you provided it looks inis has made the right decision and I don’t think they will overturn the decision.
But still I wish you luck and you will need legal opinion how to proceed with new appplication.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am

griffith wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 pm
Not sure if it is lawful to refuse naturalisation based on travelling as i dont think its a crime.
You will need an expert's advice. I would say get in touch with @obie
They actually told me it’s a concern it’s not a criminal record or a bad character

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 am

I am sorry to hear that when did you got this decision can you please tell
Thanks

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:29 am

abelekhoh wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 am
I am sorry to hear that when did you got this decision can you please tell
Thanks
Monday morning, the decision came to my solicitor office , never came in my address , also there was a page missing which the full decision wasn’t in the post , we had to sent n email and get the full decision pages by email

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:56 am

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 am
I am sorry that the decision has gone against you. But like other users said you are in the wrong here. First you did not follow the conditions of your status in the country. Second, when you were aware that officers found out about your trip back home as you said they took your mobile and question photos; you still pick up. A fight with inis by threatening them to take them to court when you are in the wrong. Looking at your posts, it doesn’t look like you disclosed this info to your solicitor.
Based on this info you provided it looks inis has made the right decision and I don’t think they will overturn the decision.
But still I wish you luck and you will need legal opinion how to proceed with new appplication.
Has the department even ever overturn Citizenship refusal decision? Never heard one.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:30 am

johnpromise01 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:56 am
nojoyfrominis wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 am
Has the department even ever overturn Citizenship refusal decision? Never heard one.
Yeah I know a friend of mine he had a criminal records 3 times so he won through the courts

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:06 pm

bro, before, going to court, You need to answer these two questions

1- what they Mean ( so you decided not to give any explanation on that case) ؟؟ when they start sending you letters in December asking for an explanation of 2017, What was your answer or just ignore them ???

2- did your solicitor knows that info above and Continued Process your case in court and force INIS to make a decision ?....

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:31 pm

ailA2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:06 pm
bro, before, going to court, You need to answer these two questions

1- what they Mean ( so you decided not to give any explanation on that case) ؟؟ when they start sending you letters in December asking for an explanation of 2017, What was your answer or just ignore them ???

2- did your solicitor knows that info above and Continued Process your case in court and force INIS to make a decision ?....
That actually wasn’t a question they mentioned, they didint make a question they asked me for some bank statements and some other explanation of the money gonne into my bank and they also mention the 2017 case , but they never asked a question in relation to it so we didint sent anything
Back in relation to that , also my solicitor knew couse she was the one who deal with my case in 2017 , she now advised me to apply agein and explain why did you go back in 2017 she said you can take that risk but I don’t think they will take your refugee status away just becouse you gone back to see your family , but I don’t want to take that risk

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:13 pm

I have never ever seen any INIS staff that would just casually 'mention' something to you. It makes no sense whatsoever. If they suspect that you are acting suspiciously, and they have sent a letter to you, they must have wanted to get something from you. Simply saying that 'oh just to let you know that I'm looking at your travel history', is never INIS's (or any authority's) MO.

Ask for a different solicitor's opinion if you are in doubt.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:02 pm

They can't refuse citizenship application without giving u chance to explain, unless u think u can still hide some story and ask for help.
U went to neighbour country no stamp but still they are sure u went to home country ?
What kind of documents they took it from u back then?

Your attitude is funny for me. One side u said they took documents from you and then u said u requested back those documents and then u r telling us that u Dont belive they have anything in relation to those documents.

I think it's best for u to change the way u think before u get help.
What ever u r smoking stop smoking and clear your mind.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:21 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:02 pm
They can't refuse citizenship application without giving u chance to explain, unless u think u can still hide some story and ask for help.
U went to neighbour country no stamp but still they are sure u went to home country ?
What kind of documents they took it from u back then?

Your attitude is funny for me. One side u said they took documents from you and then u said u requested back those documents and then u r telling us that u Dont belive they have anything in relation to those documents.

I think it's best for u to change the way u think before u get help.
What ever u r smoking stop smoking and clear your mind.
I guess I am being very clear, they stopped me at the Dublin airport on the way back from the nearest country, they search me and found a letter that I was delivering for my friend also they asked me 100 times if I been back to my home country , I refused to tell them anything , so they forced me to open my phone so I had to put the pin of my phone they search my pics , by the time they search my phone they confiscated my Irish travel documents and also my stamp 4 , so they gave me a letter with some section 14 on it , so I went the next day meet up with my solicitor, so the solicitor told me that they have issued the wrong section ageins you , so we asked them to give my travel Documents back and Also my GNIB card , so in few weeks time we receive all the documents from them , and that was it .so nothing happen since then didint heard from the department at all

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:48 pm

So they didn't ask any explanation from you and now refused your application?
They can't assume stories.
Did they give right of appeal or u can ask them to review the decision and explain them that u never went back or u did went without knowing that u cannot travel.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: