ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

kamoe

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:33 am

kamoe wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 pm
Currently Pre-Settled status, eligible for Settled Status on February 1st 2021.

Application submitted: February 1st, 2021
COA received: February 1st, 2021
Biometrics: N/A as used current EEA card via the app
Outcome: Pending
Happy update this morning:

Application submitted: February 1st, 2021
COA received: February 1st, 2021
Biometrics: N/A as used current EEA card via the app
Outcome: March 15th, 2021, Settled Status granted.

This amounts to exactly 1.5 months of waiting.

I did contact the EU Resolution centre on Friday to ask why I had been waiting for over a month when their expected timelines say at most 5 working days for straightforward applications (I'm non-EU but I am relying on the same family relationship as my pre-Settled Status from two years ago, so should not need to provide any more documents). I received a reply yesterday (yes, on a Sunday) saying that each application is different, that might or might not need more documents, that should check spam folder, that I would receive status in due course, blah, blah, blah...

Might be coincidence, but the next working day after complaining I got the status. :idea:
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

thesimon2000
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by thesimon2000 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am

@kamoe what method did you use to contact the resolution centre?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:07 am

thesimon2000 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am
https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... r-question
Select "After you have submitted your application"
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 am

@kamoe Congratulations. I applied on the 2nd Feb and used my EU Pre-settle Status BRC via the app. Still waiting. I have contact them again yesterday for the second time and hoping to hear back from them. I did write the same thing as you did. Did you receive an email or through post ?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:13 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 am
Did you receive an email or through post ?
I received emails both times: Once on Sunday as reply to my inquiry; then on Monday as official outcome notification with PDF attachment.

Migonjam
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Migonjam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:07 am
thesimon2000 wrote:

Timeline
Application submitted : 08/12/2020
Biometric given : 07/01/2021
COA ISSUED : 07/01/2021
Status approved : Still waiting
Biometric card received : still waiting

Current Proposed Civl Partnership Visa Expiry: 08/04/2021

It has now been 2 months and 9 days since Biometrics, and still nothing.

I've just attempted to do the same now, issued a complaint using the above link due to the processing time of my partner's Pre-Settled Status Application. While my partner is Non-EU, the Home Office was aware of our relationship previously as we had applied for the Proposed Civil Partnership/Fiance visa last year and been approved. As such none of the items on this list apply in our case:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

and it should be a simple application, as they need no further documents; when we submitted the application we linked it to my own, while also submitting my partner's Visa, Passport, and Our Civil Parternship Certificate, Tenancy Contract, Council Tax Bills and any other documents as required.

Her current Proposed Civil Partnership visa also expires in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what happens if her visa expires before we receive a response? Can she remain in the country due to her COA until she receives a reply to her application for Pre-Settled Status, even if her visa expires?

Unaligned
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Unaligned » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Migonjam wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm
kamoe wrote:
thesimon2000 wrote:

Timeline

It has now been 2 months and 9 days since Biometrics, and still nothing.

I've just attempted to do the same now, issued a complaint using the above link due to the processing time of my partner's Pre-Settled Status Application. While my partner is Non-EU, the Home Office was aware of our relationship previously as we had applied for the Proposed Civil Partnership/Fiance visa last year and been approved. As such none of the items on this list apply in our case:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

and it should be a simple application, as they need no further documents; when we submitted the application we linked it to my own, while also submitting my partner's Visa, Passport, and Our Civil Parternship Certificate, Tenancy Contract, Council Tax Bills and any other documents as required.

Her current Proposed Civil Partnership visa also expires in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what happens if her visa expires before we receive a response? Can she remain in the country due to her COA until she receives a reply to her application for Pre-Settled Status, even if her visa expires?
As far as I know, as long as your application is in progress you are allowed to stay in the country even if your current visa expires. That pretty much goes for any visa category. May be moderators can correct me if I am wrong.
Besides, your COA should have 6 months validity and that supersedes your current visa till you receive an outcome. Hope that helps!

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Pre-Settle to Settle Staus

Applied : 02/02/21
COA : 02/02/21
Status Outcome Email : 18/03/ 21

After two status update requests finally the good news. Now just another 12 months to wait until another application for Citizenship.

@kamoe has your status change online on the view-immigration-status.service.gov.uk ? My status is still the same probably might take few days to be updated.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:13 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:37 pm
@kamoe has your status change online on the view-immigration-status.service.gov.uk ?
Yes it has.

nomadtraveller29
Mood:

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:58 am

@kamoe Do you recommend that I contact HO or wait few days. As the letter clearly states this is not proof of your status.

Anybody else had this issue that they received the settle status but online it still says pre-settle ? 😕

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:21 am

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:58 am
@kamoe Do you recommend that I contact HO or wait few days. As the letter clearly states this is not proof of your status.
Check again today, and if it is still not updated I think it is only fair for you to contact them and ask why this is happening.

Loulou65
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Loulou65 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:39 am

Well I don't know what to do anymore

Application: 24/08/2020
Complaint to HO and Quality team: 07/01/2021
Case worker email: 10/01/2021
Documents sent: 14/01/2021

I've contacted both the Law Center and my MP. They are not getting any answers either. They are told: It's with the case worker and you just have to wait. It's been over 7 months!!! How long do you have to wait??? I know there's nothing missing cause they have said as much to the Law Center. Now, when you call, they won't even give you updates. Anyone else in this situation? What are the reasons that it would be taking so long?

Baig66
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Baig66 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:07 pm

thesimon2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:17 pm
Family Permit changing to EUSS.

Appointment: 13JAN21
Biometric:13JAN21
COA: 19JAN21
Decision: Pending
Any update? I received my COA on 22 jan 21 and after nothing has happened . I have called them and e-mailed them twice but the only thing they say is “wait” but dont tell how long. Its so stressful now

Migonjam
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Migonjam » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:01 pm

Migonjam wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm
kamoe wrote:

Timeline

Happy Update, my Partner's Pre-Settled Status finally came through! :D

Timeline
Status approved : 24/03/2021
Biometric card received : still waiting (Hopefully in 10 days)

Unsure if it finally came through due to it being the 'statistical deadline' or due to her Visa expiring soon, or due to us complaining about the time its taken haha. I had calculated where her application was in the que of total EUSS applications the Home Office had received, and how many the Home Office had resolved by the end of January 2021 to find out how many more had to be resolved before they got to hers in the qeue. Then I looked at how many they were resolving per month by checking the EUSS Statistics page, to get a rough estimate as to when they would resolve hers by and calculated it'd be within this week haha

We had also complained using the link above, though we never received a response. So unsure if they ignored our complaint or not.

Either way glad its finally come through so we can move on with our lives!

Good luck to everyone else!

albanian33
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by albanian33 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:21 pm

brother in law

Application submitted : 08/12/2020 parent of (EEA child)
Enquired: many times
Called today after I received response and advised that i shouldn’t have submitted the form online but must submit paper application under CHEN case. I have recorded the advice which I think it is wrong.
Received response: 24 March 2021 as follows: My wife is albanian but my daughter is greek.

In order for us to complete your application we require additional evidence. You must reply within 14 days or your application will be decided based on the evidence we have available, this could result in your application being refused.

Please provide us with:
Evidence of your relationship to the EEA citizen or their spouse or civil partner (and their relationship to the EEA citizen) as follows:
Original marriage certificate and translation
This is so we can confirm that you meet the definition of a family member of a relevant EEA citizen as claimed.
[/dropshadow]

In

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi All.

can someone tell me i have pre-settled status which expiry 2024.

but i am eligable for settled status 2022.

but i heard the eu settlement scheme is going to end on 31st june 2021.

my question is if this scheme is end on june 2021 so how could i apply for settled status on 2022 ?

because i got pre settled is under this scheme and if scheme is end so how could i apply for then settled status on 2022 ?

Unaligned
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Unaligned » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:20 pm

hamzakhan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:51 pm
Hi All.

my question is if this scheme is end on june 2021 so how could i apply for settled status on 2022 ?

because i got pre settled is under this scheme and if scheme is end so how could i apply for then settled status on 2022 ?
The 31st June 2021 deadline is for people who do not currently have a status under the new EU Settlement Scheme. Since, you already have a Pre-settled Status, that deadline doesn't apply to you. Once you finish your 5 years of Continuous Residence in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for Settled Status. Hope that helps!

Good luck.

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:24 pm

Unaligned wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:20 pm
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi All.

The 31st June 2021 deadline is for people who do not currently have a status under the new EU Settlement Scheme. Since, you already have a Pre-settled Status, that deadline doesn't apply to you. Once you finish your 5 years of Continuous Residence in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for Settled Status. Hope that helps!

Good luck.
Thank you for the answer, 👍

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:32 pm

Unaligned wrote:
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi All.

Good luck.
Hi my settled status application is now in court.

can i apply another settled status application while other one is pending at court ?

because i think i am now eligble for settled status thats why my application is now in court.

but HO think i am eligble for settled status end of 2022.

because HO really mess up my case at court from the beganing.

so can i apply same another application, while other court application is pending ?

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 am

Hello guys,
Please I need your advice as I've been so so worried lately.
I got issued my pre-settled status in October 2020.
Since 2021 I've been having massive issues with my EU wife and she's told me we need to live apart and that I can see my son anytime I want, so basically I'll still be in my son's life.
If I separate from her will it affect my indefinite status in 2025
cos I don't see our relationship lasting longer from now also she's making threats she'll stop me from getting my indefinite status in 2025. We've been together for 8years and married for three years now.
Will the home office not grant me settled status in 2025 even thou I have a son whose surname is same as mine.
Please I need your advice.
Thanks a lot

Unaligned
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Unaligned » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm

eke123 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 am
Hello guys,
Since 2021 I've been having massive issues with my EU wife and she's told me we need to live apart and that I can see my son anytime I want, so basically I'll still be in my son's life.
cos I don't see our relationship lasting longer from now also she's making threats she'll stop me from getting my indefinite status in 2025. We've been together for 8years and married for three years now.
Will the home office not grant me settled status in 2025 even thou I have a son whose surname is same as mine.
Thanks a lot
If you complete 3 years of marriage with your EU wife before divorce is finalised, you will be eligible for Settled Status once you complete 5 years of Continuous Residence in the UK. So don’t worry, you are already safe. Just make sure you keep good clear photos of your EU wife’s valid passport or national id for your settled status application in the future.
Hope that helps!

Unaligned
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Unaligned » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 pm

hamzakhan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:32 pm
Unaligned wrote:
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi All.

Good luck.

can i apply another settled status application while other one is pending at court ?

because i think i am now eligble for settled status thats why my application is now in court.

so can i apply same another application, while other court application is pending ?
Kind Sir, your query makes no sense. In your previous post you said you had pre settled status which will expire in 2024, that means you applied for EU settlement scheme in 2019. Now you’re saying your settled status application is in court because you think you are eligible for settled status, however previously you mentioned you think you will be eligible for settled status in 2022. Furthermore, you now want to make another fresh settled status application whilst you are defending an application in court.

Sir, do you see the many holes in the plot? In order for anyone to help you out, first you must explain your situation both honestly and cohesively.

Hope that helps!

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Unaligned wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm
eke123 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 am
Hello guys,
Thanks a lot
If you complete 3 years of marriage with your EU wife before divorce is finalised, you will be eligible for Settled Status once you complete 5 years of Continuous Residence in the UK. So don’t worry, you are already safe. Just make sure you keep good clear photos of your EU wife’s valid passport or national id for your settled status application in the future.
Hope that helps!

Great
Thanks a lot for your help

hamzakhan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by hamzakhan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 am

Unaligned wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 pm
hamzakhan wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:32 pm
Unaligned wrote:
hamzakhan wrote:
Hi All.

Good luck.

Kind Sir, your query makes no sense. In your previous post you said you had pre settled status which will expire in 2024, that means you applied for EU settlement scheme in 2019. Now you’re saying your settled status application is in court because you think you are eligible for settled status, however previously you mentioned you think you will be eligible for settled status in 2022. Furthermore, you now want to make another fresh settled status application whilst you are defending an application in court.

Sir, do you see the many holes in the plot? In order for anyone to help you out, first you must explain your situation both honestly and cohesively.

Hope that helps!
Hi sir, first of all i have got my visa 2017 but applied for pre settled status 2019 and i got it.

but i made appllication of eea route 2015.
some two years home office mess up my case and i won every appeal.

but HO said your time start when your issued a resident card which was 2017 and you are eligable for 22 at the end.

but my point is why HO is not counting my time when i won my appeal at FTT since from their i won every appeal.
so that i think i am already eligable for settled status from 2015 to 20.

thats why my application is in court that was Ho fault not my fault, so my time should be start when i won my appeal not from resident card.
why i have to wait for another 1 and half year for settled status.?

can i have your openion for this l,

can i make another fresh Setteld status application if court take time while other one is pending at court ?

Vin34
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Vin34 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:14 am

Please any updates on people that got COA around January 29th?