ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EMA applications

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

EMA applications

Post by fatimahj » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi,
My child's highschool has given her an EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) application document. We hold ILR status. We are due to make our naturalisation application soon, and were wondering if applying for an EMA would negatively impact her or my naturalisation application. Currently, our income is below the specified EMA threshold. Can anybody help please.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EMA applications

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 pm

No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 am

I thought the EMA had been replaced?

This says is was replaced by a bursary scheme that the schools run to help children in need, to enable them to stay at school?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ssment.pdf

A bursary isn't a public fund either.

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by fatimahj » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Thank you for this response. I am now thoroughly confused. I am in scotland- where the schools continue to call it an EMA.
https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/sit ... 281%29.pdf

This is a general query now; if me or my child accessed public funds, will it negatively impact the naturalisation process?
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm

fatimahj wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:24 pm
This is a general query now; if me or my child accessed public funds, will it negatively impact the naturalisation process?
Thank you.
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.