ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Time in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rawpan

Entry Time in UK

Post by rawpan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:43 am

Hi All,

I have been granted a Tier-1 General Visa for UK from BHC, New Delhi. My Visa is valid from July, 2008 - July, 2011. I am in India right now & looking for a suitable job in UK.

Could anyone please let me know if there is any time-limit from date of issuing Visa with in which I must enter UK ?
Please let me know.

Cheers,
rawpan

arunbast
Newly Registered

Entry time into the UK

Post by arunbast » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 am

Hi,

I too have the same question, but have not been able to find an answer anywhere. Please let me know if you have got any replys or information for this query.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:49 am

One can enter anytime till the expiry of visa.

zubie patel
Newly Registered

Post by zubie patel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:50 am

u need to enter uk within 6 months of geting the approval letter, its there in the caseworkers manual

arunbast
Newly Registered

Entry time into the UK

Post by arunbast » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 am

Hi,

For the old HSMP system it was 6 months for entry and they you need to show employment and stability within the first 12 months. Only then could you apply for extension of HSMP visa.
But am not sure if the same rules apply for Tier 1 General migrant visa also.

custodian

Post by custodian » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 am

I have a Tier1 (with HSMP letter) issued for 3 years.

I think the HSMP rules have been taken over by the Tier1 rules.

So, to answer your question - I think you can enter UK anytime within the 3 yrs the EC is valid for.

uktier1234

Re: Entry Time in UK

Post by uktier1234 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 am

rawpan wrote:Hi All,

I have been granted a Tier-1 General Visa for UK from BHC, New Delhi. My Visa is valid from July, 2008 - July, 2011. I am in India right now & looking for a suitable job in UK.

Could anyone please let me know if there is any time-limit from date of issuing Visa with in which I must enter UK ?
Please let me know.

Cheers,
rawpan
technically u can enter UK in 6 months from your visa issuance date but u should have entered UK with in 28days of ur visa issuance date caus that would have helped you have 1 month of holiday and travel out of the country each year as u shouldnt be away for more than 180days witin the 5year period before your ILR application.

dnt delay and enter before the 15th OCT ( 3 months period from visa issued ) otherwise you wouldnt qualify for the ILR as you shouldnt have been out of UK for more than 90days witin the 5 year peiod prior to your ILR application

Hope this helps

Rgards

uktier1234

Re: Entry time into the UK

Post by uktier1234 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:40 am

arunbast wrote:Hi,

For the old HSMP system it was 6 months for entry and they you need to show employment and stability within the first 12 months. Only then could you apply for extension of HSMP visa.
But am not sure if the same rules apply for Tier 1 General migrant visa also.
BTW these rules are not valid anymore and are 3years old

Snoozles

Post by Snoozles » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 pm

uktier1234 wrote:

Please let me know.

Cheers,
rawpan
technically u can enter UK in 6 months from your visa issuance date but u should have entered UK with in 28days of ur visa issuance date caus that would have helped you have 1 month of holiday and travel out of the country each year as u shouldnt be away for more than 180days witin the 5year period before your ILR application.

dnt delay and enter before the 15th OCT ( 3 months period from visa issued ) otherwise you wouldnt qualify for the ILR as you shouldnt have been out of UK for more than 90days witin the 5 year peiod prior to your ILR application

Hope this helps

Rgards
UKTIER1234

It sounds as if you know a lot of information on this subject.

So, if I take about three months (77 days) to enter the UK after the date on my visa, will that mean that I will not be able to leave the country for more than 13 days for the next 5 years? Or I will not be able to apply for my ILR application?

What if I enter the UK within 28 days of my visa issuance date, and leave again the same day for a 77 day holiday in the US - Will that make a difference?

I already have my visa - predated. But as it is the end of the year, I decided to only go to the UK in January - Not 1 November, and I already have holiday arrangements in the US.

180 days are much better than 90.

rawpan

Post by rawpan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi uktier1234,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Could you please send me the online link where in these rules are mentioned ? I would like to review my options here.

Thanks a lot for the useful information.

Cheers,
rawpan

zubie patel
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by zubie patel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:49 am

so how many days of holiday outside of uk is allowed during the 5 yr period before the ilr ? is it 90 or 180 ? thanks

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 am

you can have total of 180days of holidays within the 5yr period before you apply for ILR. another condition is that u shouldnt be out of UK for more than 90days at one go. you need to satisfy both at the time of ILR. one can enter UK at anytime during the 3year period of visa issued to you AFAIK there will be no problems in entering the country the only issue will be during the ILR

Hope this helps!!

arunbast
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by arunbast » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:59 am

But what is the no. of days we can leave the country on the new Tier 1 visa? Currently our visa is valid for only 3 yrs. and not 5 yrs..

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 am

Please let me know.

Cheers,
rawpan
entry period after tier 1
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Snoozles

Post by Snoozles » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 pm

uktier1234 wrote:you can have total of 180days of holidays within the 5yr period before you apply for ILR. another condition is that u shouldnt be out of UK for more than 90days at one go. you need to satisfy both at the time of ILR. one can enter UK at anytime during the 3year period of visa issued to you AFAIK there will be no problems in entering the country the only issue will be during the ILR

Hope this helps!!
Thank you very much!! That helped alot!!