ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement and ACCA membership

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khuram7592
Newly Registered

English language requirement and ACCA membership

Post by khuram7592 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:14 am

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General) scheme.

Before applying I would like to confirm one point. ACCA is a professional qualification which is recognised by points based calculator and according to points based calculator it satisfies english language requirement as well (I am an ACCA member).

However Appendix B of immigration rules state that candidate can claim points for language if he:

ii) has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK, and which UK NARIC has confirmed was taught or researched in English to the level indicated in the table below, and provides the specified documents.

According to Appendix B professional qualification cannot be used to score points for english language.

I have all the original documents for my ACCA qualification. Could you kindly confirm if I qualify Tier 1 on provision of evidence of the information submitted or in order to satisfy english language requirement I will have to take an English Language Course, as information on BIA website is not crystal clear and this is a grey area.

Chipungu
Newly Registered

Post by Chipungu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:30 am

I am also an ACCA, but for the english requirement I used the Oxford Brookes Degree. I might be wrong but it state that only an under graduate degree thaught in english can be used as proof of english ability. :o

msk1978

Re: English language requirement and ACCA membership

Post by msk1978 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Kuhram,

I had the same question and called the UKBA Customer Advisor Number and explained him the references. Advisor worked through me the calculator and confirmed that as ACCA is included within the database for english requirements so it meets the requirement.

Further, you could see when you are using the calculator some qualifcations can be found for Education points but not for english purposes. However, ACCA comes under both data bases.

What i would suggest you that you calculate your points in accordance with calculator and download the results in PDF file and send an email to Customer Advisor (as given in guidance) and get a response in writing before applying. This way you would be on safe side.

khuram7592 wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General) scheme.

Before applying I would like to confirm one point. ACCA is a professional qualification which is recognised by points based calculator and according to points based calculator it satisfies english language requirement as well (I am an ACCA member).

However Appendix B of immigration rules state that candidate can claim points for language if he:

ii) has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK, and which UK NARIC has confirmed was taught or researched in English to the level indicated in the table below, and provides the specified documents.

According to Appendix B professional qualification cannot be used to score points for english language.

I have all the original documents for my ACCA qualification. Could you kindly confirm if I qualify Tier 1 on provision of evidence of the information submitted or in order to satisfy english language requirement I will have to take an English Language Course, as information on BIA website is not crystal clear and this is a grey area.

Chipungu
Newly Registered

Post by Chipungu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:15 am

How many points for education do you score with ACCA.

khuram7592
Newly Registered

Post by khuram7592 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks for your help. I have already written to UKBA and waiting their response. I shall share their reply with all of you it may help someone.

Just to clarify for few people, you score 35 points for ACCA qualification.

khuram7592
Newly Registered

Post by khuram7592 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:11 am

Also can someone who has got Tier 1 visa confirm if the leave to remain is for two years or three years?

TS
Newly Registered

ACCA Education

Post by TS » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi Kharrum,

Is ACCA education qualify for 35 points under Tier 1?

Oxford Brooke qualify for Language test?

Thanks
Thet Su

Chipungu
Newly Registered

Post by Chipungu » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:10 am

yes thats what i used and my case got approved

angel147
Newly Registered

ACCA doesnt qualifiy as English requirement

Post by angel147 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:54 am

i have the same situation as you, i am a ACCA member.
i have provide a document to show i have been study in uk for 3 year to get a ACCA qualification but they still reject my application even l can find ACCA qualification in the point base calculator under english requirement.

have anyone get any responses from home office regarding to this area?

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:01 pm

if the Points calculator awards you the points, you should be fine.

But with HO you can never be 100% sure because look at this link
angel147

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:44 am Post subject: Re: Calling all those who have applied in past 3 months

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, i have applied the Tier 1 on 4 sept 2008 And received rejection letter at 3 Oct 2008.
i am a ACCA member and study in UK 's college call Finacial training company to get this qualification. i can find my qualificatin in the point base system calculator and i can claim the english 10 point as well in that system, so i apply by showing all the document to prove i study in uk for three years to get this qualification and they rejected my application by saying l can not claim english point by using my professional qualification. i am so confuse now as l am claiming the point by showing l am studying in uk to get this qualifiation.

any one have the same problem as i have!!
khuram7592 wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General) scheme.

khuram7592
Newly Registered

Post by khuram7592 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:49 pm

KK