ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application(Urgent Query)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ari2021
Newly Registered

ILR Application(Urgent Query)

Post by Ari2021 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 am

Hi,

Urgent Query

I am considering of applying for my ILR, but I have confusion regarding the qualifying period.

I am a British dependent.
My spouse visa was approved on 07/05/2016 for 33 months.
Travelled to UK on 10/06/2016

Currently on extension of my spouse visa.
Extension visa was approved on 07/01/2021 for 30 months.
Visa expires on 04/08/21

I am confused with the qualifying timeline, when I can apply i.e 28 days before 60 months. Is it from the date when the visa was first issued/ approved or the date I entered UK or my current visa expiry date?

Also I had given my English Language A2 test for my FM spouse visa extension 2 years back. Do I again need to book another test for ILR SET(M) application or this certificate will be enough?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application(Urgent Query)

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 am

The start of your qualifying period is from the date you ENTERED the UK and not your initial visa issue date.

For the English requirment, you need a ukvi approved English test at B1 level. Your A2 test is not sufficient.

You also need to do the life in the UK test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ari2021
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Application(Urgent Query)

Post by Ari2021 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:27 am

Thank you for a quick response