ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long for new Irish Residence Permit Card?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ptdublin
Newly Registered
Ireland

How long for new Irish Residence Permit Card?

Post by ptdublin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Anyone based in Dublin that has recently applied for a new Irish Residence Permit using the online portal could share the timeline since approval of their application until actual receipt of the card at home?

I applied online on a Friday and got notification of approval/processing on the following Tuesday, with a note saying that the card would be delivered to me within 5 to 10 working days. I thought the processing times were brilliant but wondering what to expect in terms of actual delivery of the card.

PS - I'm aware all cards due to expire in Feb21 (my case) were extended until April21, but a new card is required for a bank application.

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Re: How long for new Irish Residence Permit Card?

Post by CheGuevara » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 am

Applied on Saturday the 27th of March, 2021. Received email morning of the 30th March, 2021. Approved and should receive between 5 - 10 working days. My question is how long is the Irish Residency Permit card valid for 5 or 10 years. Renewing based on the withdrawal agreement.
IMG-20210330-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210330-WA0000.jpg (114.25 KiB) Viewed 515 times

ptdublin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: How long for new Irish Residence Permit Card?

Post by ptdublin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm

ptdublin wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:19 pm
Anyone based in Dublin that has recently applied for a new Irish Residence Permit using the online portal could share the timeline since approval of their application until actual receipt of the card at home?

I applied online on a Friday and got notification of approval/processing on the following Tuesday, with a note saying that the card would be delivered to me within 5 to 10 working days. I thought the processing times were brilliant but wondering what to expect in terms of actual delivery of the card.

PS - I'm aware all cards due to expire in Feb21 (my case) were extended until April21, but a new card is required for a bank application.
Received my card today - so from application date to receiving the card it took 8 working days, which in fairness I much prefer rather than waiting for hours at the immigration office.