ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 and Global talent (exceptional promise)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Settlement requirements - wording changed

Post by V_i_k_i » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Hello
I've got my visa before it became Global Talent (called Exceptional Talent back then). As I need to apply for settlement under the new Global Talent rules, I'm curious about one of the few differences.
As an Exceptional Talent visa holder, you needed to earn money in the UK the most recent time before you apply for settlement.
But as a Global Talent, you need to earn money in the UK during your last permission of stay.

Do I get it right that settlement requirements actually got more relaxed?
Because previously, they restricted the period of your qualifying earnings (that was the most recent time till your settlement application) but now you can show your qualifying earnings from literally any period that you have your visa and still qualify for ILR?

Thank you in advance for helping with this!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Settlement requirements - wording changed

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 am

Applicant has earned money in the UK in their expert field
The Immigration Rules (paragraph GT 13.1) do not require evidence to meet this
requirement.
Applicants can provide any evidence as long as it is from an
independent source which can be verified if required. The Global Talent website
guidance gives a list of potential forms of evidence they may choose to provide, but
this is not exhaustive.
If the applicant provides a different form of evidence, you can choose to accept this if
you are content that it is independent and demonstrates they have earned money in
the UK in their expert field during their last permission.
If you are not satisfied with
the evidence provided, you must contact the applicant to give them the opportunity to
provide a further acceptable form of evidence.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:47 pm

I'm wondering when the earnings should take place to qualify? Back in Exceptional Talent times, only the "most recent" ones were accepted. Now, is it ANY earnings that qualify?
My question regards the earnings themselves not the evidence of them.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:52 am

V_i_k_i wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:47 pm
I'm wondering when the earnings should take place to qualify? Back in Exceptional Talent times, only the "most recent" ones were accepted. Now, is it ANY earnings that qualify?
There is no 'most recent' as you can see.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sunsetsetc
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Sunsetsetc » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 am

I have one question about earnings too. What do they mean as independent source. I assume it’s payslips and bank statements?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:28 am

Sunsetsetc wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 am
I have one question about earnings too. What do they mean as independent source. I assume it’s payslips and bank statements?
This means it is not simply a claim solely made by you. There is some evidence that can be proved independently

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:08 am

Sunsetsetc wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 am
Evidence examples can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pplication

V_i_k_i
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by V_i_k_i » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:52 am
V_i_k_i wrote:
Actually, the link I posted above includes this "most recent" condition: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pplication

So what information should have priority?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:55 pm

V_i_k_i wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:09 pm
Zimba wrote:
V_i_k_i wrote:
Actually, the link I posted above includes this "most recent" condition: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pplication

The rules trump everything and there are NO specific requirements apart from what the rules say. The link you posted literally says:
The Immigration Rules do not specify which documents you should show us. Below are some examples of evidence that may be acceptable. It is not exhaustive: if you have evidence from an independent source which can be verified, a caseworker may accept this as an alternative.

Sunsetsetc
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Sunsetsetc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 am

Interestingly, if you are self employed you need to show profit made? What if you had salary but did not make profit?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:34 am

Sunsetsetc wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 am
Interestingly, if you are self employed you need to show profit made? What if you had salary but did not make profit?
Where do the rules require this?

Sunsetsetc
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Sunsetsetc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:48 pm

Here profit is an example of evidence. It’s not a requirement though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... pplication

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:29 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:55 pm
V_i_k_i wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:09 pm
Zimba wrote:
V_i_k_i wrote:

The rules trump everything and there are NO specific requirements apart from what the rules say. The link you posted literally says:
The Immigration Rules do not specify which documents you should show us. Below are some examples of evidence that may be acceptable. It is not exhaustive: if you have evidence from an independent source which can be verified, a caseworker may accept this as an alternative.

Sunsetsetc
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Sunsetsetc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:07 pm

Thank you Zimba!!