ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STAMP 4 RENEWAL

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

STAMP 4 RENEWAL

Post by Michel159 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:40 am

Hi everybody
If anybody could guide me through this .thanks inadvance. I am due to renew my Passport in March 2022
My visa stamp and garda card is valid untill the expiry of my passport . If i renew my passport for safe side in january 2022 or december 2021 will it effect my visa.??

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: STAMP 4 RENEWAL

Post by littlerr » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:24 pm

It does not affect your stamp 4. However, you are obliged to apply for a new stamp when you have your new passport.

Say for example, if your Stamp 4 permission should be valid for 5 years, but because your passport expires in 2 years, they will give you a stamp 4 that is valid till the expiry day of your passport.

Once you get your new passport, you need to contact INIS to transfer the remaining 3 years of validity to your new passport.

See Q53 for details regarding how to apply for this.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigrat ... 9-FAQ4.pdf

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi thanks for anwering my question it really helps me to understand. i am living outside Dublin ,Do i have to
Contact my local registration office after renewal of my passport or to Inis to claim my remaining period.thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:19 pm

I would suggest that you send an email to the address in that document first. They should be able to advise the next step for you. (Make sure that you send to them early enough. It sometimes takes over a month for them to reply to you.)

You can of course try your luck in your local Garda station directly, but some smaller stations do not always follow the latest update.

Michel159
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Michel159 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi

Its bit confusing now . I am spouse of irish national , renewing my visa every year since got permisson for leave to remain in the state on merriage base. I renew my visa towice in first 2 years. When i went there 3rd time to renew my visa the officer stamped my passport for 1 year again and ask me to collect IRP card after 2 weeks .Now when i went to collect my IRP Card , officer told me that i was entitled for 2 years this time and by mistake she stamped my passport for 1 year . Officer cancel ther wrong stamp for 1 year and put a new stamp for 1 year and 6months .because my IRP card was valid untill the last day of my passport expiration.Because the officer did not advise me to Renew my passport and get the full 2 years stamp on my new passport. Should i make an oppointment with them and explain the officer there in the office , or explain them before taking my appointment.

BobDuru
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BobDuru » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi littlerr

Please i would like to know the required documents for stamp 4 renewal in relation to zambrano in the light of current lockdown and applying online via the newly reconstructed website.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks