ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*URGENT* help on dependants GTV extension when partner has been granted ILR

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Help for dependant wife and children after obtaining ILR via GTV

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:12 am

Can the experts in the house assist me with my question.

I was granted Exceptional Talent visa (now GTV) in Jan 2018 for 3 years. This month, I applied for ILR after spending 3 years on the visa due to being endorsed by the Royal Society. I was offered my ILR. However, my wife and 2 children are dependants on my Exceptional talent visa (now GTV) till May 2021 and I am confused as to which visa they should apply for to extend their stay in the UK.

1. Should they apply for GTV extension for 2 years to reach the 5 years qualifyimg period for ILR?
2. Or should they apply as dependants on my ILR?

I hope the experts can assist with this question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help for dependant wife and children after obtaining ILR via GTV

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:29 am

1. Yes. It will be a 3 year extension.

2. No. It will reset their clock for ilr to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Thank you CR001.

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi CR001 or any expert, I have an additional question that needs clarifification. Based on my previous question and based on your answer to ? 1, I am lost as to which particlular gov.uk website visa application link my dependants is to apply for their Global Talent visa extension.

It says on https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner that:
Apply to extend or switch your visa or leave to remain as the partner of someone that has one of the following visas:
Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker : Health and Care Visa
Global Talent
Start-up
Innovator
Student
Intra-Company Transfer
Intra-Company Graduate Trainee
Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories.

Since I have ILR after 3 years on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent, I am wondering if this is the exact link my dependants are to apply through. The list of visa categories does not include those who already have ILR via the global telent route.

I hope the expert in the house can help with this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:12 pm

It is the correct link.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Thank you CR001.

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

*URGENT* help on dependants GTV extension when partner has been granted ILR

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi Experts,

I need your urgent help. I have been granted ILR via the 3 years GTV route having been endorsed by the Royal Society. However, my wife and 2 children need to complete the 5 years qualifying period under the GTV route.

They were granted PBS Dependant leave on 27-3-2018 and valid until 07-05-2021. I tried initially on applying for their extension using this link https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner but when I was to pay the IHS fee, I got confused as the system was asking for the main applicants visa expiry date. My ILR biometric card says valid until 31-12-2024 and at this stage I got totally confused as I was thinking I was using the wrong form. Also, on the drop down list to select partners visa, there was no Settlement to chose. So I thought I was using the wrong form since I could not select 2 years for IHS fee payment and also that I could not select Settlement in the drop down list of partner's visa.

I ended up applying for their GTV extension via this link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... bal-talent, only to realise that I made a big error after I had paid the application fee, IHS fee for 2 years and biometric fee. I made this application yesterday -27-3-21 and I have since completed the cancelation request form to request for the refund of my dependants application fee and IHS fee. I have also cancelled the biometric appointment for my fee to be refunded.

I actually realised my error when I saw this information:
Period and conditions of grant for a dependent partner or dependent child on the Global Talent route
GT 24.1. A partner will be granted:
(a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s temporary permission on the Global Talent route; or
(b) 3 years’ permission if the partner was (or is being) granted settlement on the Global Talent route.

Please can the experts in the house help me on:
(1) Which link to apply for my dependants GTV extension?
(2) If the link to apply is actually https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner, what should I input as start and end date of my visa for the IHS fee to be calculated for the dependants since I now have ILR and my biometric card indicate valid until 31-12-2024?
3. Will I pay IHS fee for 3 years now for my dependants since they only need 2 years to qualify for the 5 years PBS qualifying period.
4. I have filled the request to cancel form for my refund but would appreciate it if experts can advise me on how I can escalate the process to get my application fee and IHS fee refunded asap as I need the money to make another application.

THIS IS URGENT AND HELP FROM EXPERTS IN THE FIELD WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: *URGENT* help on dependants GTV extension when partner has been granted ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Your first dependenat link is the correct one.

You select your last visa category not ilr.

You put your ilr expiry date as 3 years from now.

Yes you have to pay 3 years IHS for dependents. You can pay or select a shorter period.

Refunds can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

With regard to your answers:

You put your ilr expiry date as 3 years from now; Does this mean I can input my ILR expiry date as 03/24 rather than 12/24?

Yes you have to pay 3 years IHS for dependents. You can pay or select a shorter period.; Does this mean I can pay for 2 years and not 3 years? If this is the case, and I can I pay for 2 years IHS fee, does this mean I have to put ILR expiry date as 03/23?

Many thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm

1. Yes, 3 years ahead from date you plan to apply.

2. Sorry no typo, you CANNOT choose a lesser time. It is 3 years for PBS dependents when the main visa holder has ilr as stated in the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sesad2017 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm
1. Yes, 3 years ahead from date you plan to apply.

2. Sorry no typo, you CANNOT choose a lesser time. It is 3 years for PBS dependents when the main visa holder has ilr as stated in the immigration rules.
Many thanks CR001.

sesad2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sesad2017 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:32 pm
Your first dependenat link is the correct one.

You select your last visa category not ilr.

You put your ilr expiry date as 3 years from now.

Yes you have to pay 3 years IHS for dependents. You can pay or select a shorter period.

Refunds can take a few weeks.
Hi CR001,

I am currently completing the online form for my dependants GTV extension. In the section: Which visa or permission to stay has Mr xxxxx applied for or been granted? What should I indicate for my dependants?
I was granted Tier 1 ET visa but as you know it is now GTV of which I now have ILR. Should I indicate Tier 1 ET or the new name GTV as both are on the list. Tier 1 ET visa was what I was granted.