ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tividale
Newly Registered
Algeria

Child Visa

Post by Tividale » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:19 am

In 2019, I applied to bring my son to UK as settled parent because the mother left him as a baby to my uncle. I have been the only one with sole responsibility of my son since then..I pay school fees and every upkeep which I have all the documents to back it.

My son is now 12 years old. His visa was refused base on sole responsibility, DNA and they not certified that am the father despite that all his name in every application I made.

I appealed the decision and hearing was set to 05/12/2020 but home office turned up on the hearing day to claim that no bundle was sent to them despite that I sent Hardcopy signed for and by email which they acknowledge they received when it was sent to them...The judge asked me to re-send it to home office representative officer immediately so the he can be witness to it which I did.

The hearing was adjourned to February 2021, home office representative officer claimed she doesn't have or received any bundle from me then the judge order her to go and make copy for is own bundle with immediate effect .

I represented my son by myself to be able to defend my documents and talk about myself.

To God be the glory, I received the judgement and I won my case .I called Tribunal last Friday to know if home office appeal the judgement which they never do.

I will like to know what is the next step..Do I write to home office or they will contact me by themselves.

Please everyone I need your experience

vinny

Re: Child Visa

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:44 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tividale
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Tividale » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm

I will like to know if I need to contact Home office or do I have to wait for Home Office to write me on what next in regards to my son's visa.

Tividale
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Tividale » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:44 am

Good morning everyone,

I will to know if this information is correct if someone won appeal.
Determinations can take up to 4 weeks to reach the visa section and a further 8 weeks for the ruling to be processed.

Thanks
Kindly need your help every Guru

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:07 am

Tividale wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:44 am
Good morning everyone,

I will to know if this information is correct if someone won appeal.
Determinations can take up to 4 weeks to reach the visa section and a further 8 weeks for the ruling to be processed.

Thanks
Kindly need your help every Guru
The information is correct. If at 8 weeks mark no result, backlog or no backlog, start contacting HO.

Tividale
Newly Registered
Algeria

Re: Child Settlement Visa

Post by Tividale » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:57 pm

My update in regards to my son Settlement visa.
I received an email from HO today to submit my Son passport with the official confirmation email with instructions sent to me for to visa Centre in lagos Nigeria as instructed by HO

I will like to know if I need to book another appointment for the submission or I just go with the copy of the email and passport for visa submission.

Any information is welcome

Tividale
Newly Registered
Algeria

Naturalisation

Post by Tividale » Fri May 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,
My son just came to UK on Settlement Visa to join me. The visa stated: Indefinite Leave to Enter

I will like to know when is he due to Apply for Citizenship ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 pm

Tividale wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:58 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,
My son just came to UK on Settlement Visa to join me. The visa stated: Indefinite Leave to Enter

I will like to know when is he due to Apply for Citizenship ?
Children are registered as British not naturalised. Only adults are naturalised.

If your child is an older child, UKVI expect them to have 2 years residence before applying, assuming you are also British.

Page 15 in the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tividale
Newly Registered
Algeria

Re: Naturalisation

Post by Tividale » Fri May 21, 2021 1:12 pm

I applied for settlement visa for my son in July 2019 which was denied and I appealed. I became British Citizen in September 2019.

I won the appealed in February 2021 and my son visa was issued in March and he came in April.

He is 12 years old.

Can he register to became a British straightaway or should he wait for how long?